Face coverings, masks

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Face coverings, masks

Post by Slartibartfast » June 30th, 2020, 11:06 am

Just a reminder for anyone going over this year [and maybe next] that you will need to take enough face coverings or masks to last your stay there. The regulations state [at the moment] that where "social distancing" cannot be met, E.G. while in shops etc. a mask, face coverings must be warn on pain of up to 1000€
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Face coverings, masks

Post by Shuggie » June 30th, 2020, 11:47 am

And now the hot weather is in overdrive it’s a right pain in a#@*. What is really funny is you have to wear them in supermarkets but if you go to the cafe in the supermarket, where everyone is sitting next to each other, you don’t have to wear it. There is no shortage of masks in the shops here so it’s not a problem getting resupplied. Walking down the street you’ll get away without wearing one. It’s only really for shops. In Lidl you still have to put gloves on as well, which them supply. With sweaty hands like shovels, that’s not easy.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

lorelai
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by lorelai » June 30th, 2020, 1:20 pm

Shuggie wrote:
June 30th, 2020, 11:47 am
And now the hot weather is in overdrive it’s a right pain in a#@*. What is really funny is you have to wear them in supermarkets but if you go to the cafe in the supermarket, where everyone is sitting next to each other, you don’t have to wear it. There is no shortage of masks in the shops here so it’s not a problem getting resupplied. Walking down the street you’ll get away without wearing one. It’s only really for shops. In Lidl you still have to put gloves on as well, which them supply. With sweaty hands like shovels, that’s not easy.
This is really useful information, thank you!

SusieH

Post by SusieH » June 30th, 2020, 3:22 pm

I've just read a post from a local in Menorca that she'd/he'd (can't remember which now) gone to one of the big supermarkets and no gloves were now needed, which I know were in the first instance.
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

Lizc
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Lizc » July 1st, 2020, 4:24 pm

I can’t get any face masks to fit, the string is too long and I have to knot it and that give a nice big gap at the side :grin:
I looking for children’s ones now 👶

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » July 1st, 2020, 4:53 pm

There you go Liz.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/market/kids_mask, but not medical grade.

Alan
:cool:
:supz: :dream: :c9: :finga:

Not this year now, but next, hopefully.

Lizc
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Lizc » July 1st, 2020, 4:56 pm

Thanks Alan, I’ve saved the link :goodman:

Scimitar
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Scimitar » July 2nd, 2020, 6:58 pm

masksforall, based in Barcelona. Company called World alive.
Menorca, fulfils my deams of happiness and contentment

SusieH

Post by SusieH » July 3rd, 2020, 2:12 pm

Lizc wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 4:24 pm
I can’t get any face masks to fit, the string is too long and I have to knot it and that give a nice big gap at the side :grin:
Cor you must have a little head :grin: :grin: I don't like the ones with string that you have to tie. I prefer the ones with elastic you put behind the ears. Mine fit fine, it's just the flipping steamed up glasses that annoy me :evil:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

7942roscoe
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by 7942roscoe » July 3rd, 2020, 10:27 pm

SusieH wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 2:12 pm
Lizc wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 4:24 pm
Cor you must have a little head :grin: :grin: I don't like the ones with string that you have to tie. I prefer the ones with elastic you put behind the ears. Mine fit fine, it's just the flipping steamed up glasses that annoy me :evil:
The experts say if you wash your glasses in washing up liquid it leaves a film on and your glasses dont steam up
I was always taught to respect my elders,
but it keeps getting harder at my age to find anyone

Langtree Park The New Home of SAINTS Rugby League Team