palladium hotel memorca

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
Bernie26

palladium hotel memorca

Post by Bernie26 » February 23rd, 2020, 9:28 pm

has the hotel palladium in arenal den castel been refurbished

DebC
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: palladium hotel memorca

Post by DebC » February 24th, 2020, 9:05 pm

It is in the process of being refurbished.Unfortunately although bookings have already been taken it is not looking likely to be finished in time to start the season.I have read on other sites that clients are already being informed of this by the tour companies and moved to alternative hotels.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » February 26th, 2020, 3:00 pm

I've read a couple stories in the local news about this refurb and things aren't looking too promising :???:

Firstly, the workmen went on strike a few weeks ago, as apparently they hadn't been paid for a couple of months. This resulted in 5 people being laid off and the others went back to work, so I presume they were paid.

Now, I believe, the work has come to a halt again because Mercadal council have discovered that there is a discrepancy with the building licence and the company was undertaking work that wasn't agreed on the original plans :shock:

Let's hope it doesn't end up as another eyesore in Arenal, like those awful derelict apartments! :sad:

Sue :toasting:

peterread543@bt
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by peterread543@bt » February 27th, 2020, 9:07 am

This article is in the local rag this morning https://www.menorca.info/menorca/local/ ... erano.html hope it helps
pete