Rats in the olive trees!!

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
Eiomer

Rats in the olive trees!!

Post by Eiomer » June 30th, 2019, 10:55 am

Please I want reassurance about rats that are in the olive trees surrounding our villa. Having breakfast the other day and two were looking down on us. This meant the " kittens I thought I saw at around teatime the previous day were rats!😬😳. I have since seen a group of four . Shocked to say the least.

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Rats in the olive trees!!

Post by kieronf » June 30th, 2019, 4:15 pm

Tree rats are quite common and, unlike common rats, they usually find what they need to eat amongst the trees rather than foraging on the ground for food in waste etc. I had several canary palms die last year and when they were being removed a dozen or more rats scarpered - I hadn't seen one before the felling and I've not seen one since - but they're there somewhere.

Eiomer

Post by Eiomer » June 30th, 2019, 9:49 pm

Thank you very much for this. I appreciate it. I have been freaked out and could not relax. Been here 8 times in binibecca and this is the first

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » July 2nd, 2019, 10:47 am

If you are at all worried have a word with Menorca campo S.L Location Map => https://goo.gl/maps/96nGDbaRbNtKgE5i8 The Mahon cooperativa, I know that you can get rat poison for ground rats, they should be able to advise and last time I went at least one of them spoke very good English.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)