BRITISH CONSULATE INVITATION

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

BRITISH CONSULATE INVITATION

Post by Slartibartfast » February 2nd, 2019, 7:50 pm

Monday February 11th at 15:00 - 16:30 in Sant Lluis town hall

We have received the following invitation and they ask that we pass on to all British Menorca Britannia members and contacts.
There is no need to confirm your attendance but obviously they are hoping that as many of you as possible will take the time to participate.
meeting.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: BRITISH CONSULATE INVITATION

Post by kieronf » February 2nd, 2019, 8:03 pm

They are also doing one in the Anglican Church in Es Castell.

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » February 2nd, 2019, 9:33 pm

Very noble. But what exactly will be discussed,of any worth, as nothing has been decided with Brexit. There is no point in discussing anything until the muppets decide, if they can, what will happen. Sorry to sound negative but I’m sick of the whole process and these meetings are a pointless waste of time with only speculation being able to be discussed.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by kieronf » February 3rd, 2019, 12:12 pm

Spot on. I made the mistake of going to the last one of these in Mahon during last summer and I was amazed at the general lack of awareness that some people had. All the information we need is out there, people just have to find it and stop listening to speculative opinions and gossip. So many of the major issues that concern life in Menorca for most Brits have already been formally settled and have little to do with Brexit. The real problem is for those who haven't yet applied for residency.

RetiringEarly
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by RetiringEarly » February 3rd, 2019, 8:54 pm

However - do you get a glass of vino??

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by kieronf » February 4th, 2019, 10:17 am

Nada.

bulwellian
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by bulwellian » February 4th, 2019, 10:30 am

Nice to see the Island actually still ends at the outskirts of Mahon no one I've spoke to at the other end of the Island knows nothing about this