La Caixa service charges

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
magpie69
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

La Caixa service charges

Post by magpie69 » January 23rd, 2019, 7:30 pm

I've been looking closely at my La Caixa account (as a result of the notification I have referred to in an earlier thread) and see that La Caixa are now taking €36 per quarter from my account for service charges. I'm a bit narked because apart from the standard direct debits, I rarely use the account no cash card, for example, and I have not withdrawn anything for over a year. €144 per year seems a heck of a lot to be taking for the privilege of keeping my money!
As it happens, we hope to sell our apartment this year, so may not have to suffer this for too long.
Rant over!

Bill

PeterV
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Re: La Caixa service charges

Post by PeterV » January 23rd, 2019, 9:30 pm

They have different account options, but they will always charge you something unless you are having your salary paid into the account.

I’m with Caxia and they charge me €9 a month. Considering retail banks make no money on interest,
I can understand why they charge, but it was quite a shock to me and I’d imagine anyone else who is used to 0 charges from U.K. banks.

Boycie
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Boycie » January 24th, 2019, 1:20 pm

I use the same bank. Last April I went in to see about insurance which I took out. I also asked about the charges and the manger told me he would see what he could do. Just had a statement from them for 2018 charges 67euro for the year.
Always on my way to Menorca

magpie69
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by magpie69 » January 24th, 2019, 3:22 pm

Yes, i’ll Probably be having a ‘discussion’ when I next go in.

Bill