Advice needed please - Holidaying alone

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Cala'n Bosc, Son Xoriguer and Cap d'Artrutx area.
jane160

Advice needed please - Holidaying alone

Post by jane160 » August 15th, 2019, 10:36 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to ask to advice.....i normally have my holidays to Menorca with my husband but unfortunately he has passed away last November and i feel like i could really do with a few days in Menorca as it is mine and my husbands happy place. Do you think it'll be safe for me? i think i will be fine but my daughters will be panicking about me coming alone. Just thought i'd ask for a few opinions. thanks

SusieH

Re: Advice needed please - Holidaying alone

Post by SusieH » August 15th, 2019, 6:31 pm

Hi

Menorca is the only place i'd ever think of holidaying on my own. I know i'd feel completely safe there. Some of our past members have done this and had no problem at all. I'd go and enjoy the happy memories xxx
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » August 15th, 2019, 7:43 pm

:sad: So sorry for the loss of your husband but we have been going to Menorca since 1985, then lived there for nearly eight years but on the South East end of the Island, we have never had a problem and never felt unsafe, our granddaughter first went to Menorca when she was six months old and joined us for six week school holidays for three years aged 13 to 16, then aged 18 she went for two weeks to Cala en Forcat in an apartment on her own and again the following year, I would have no problem going on my own if anything happened to my other half, go and enjoy yourself and have a lovely holiday. :goodman:
I only let him think he's in charge.

Lizc
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Lizc » August 16th, 2019, 5:10 pm

I went to Menorca with family for years but when circumstances changed I went on my own.
I stayed where I knew and had a great time.

I won’t to hesitate to go on my own when I’m able to holiday again

Go for it Jane :grin:

jane160

Post by jane160 » August 19th, 2019, 8:56 am

Thank you everyone who posted reply's to my message. We just love Menorca so i'm gonna be brave and book i think.
Jane

Duffer
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Duffer » August 19th, 2019, 8:05 pm

I’ve stayed in Calan Bosch a few times, Santo Tomás once and Calan porter once. I’ve got the urge to go away by myself and I know there are lots of other areas to choose but if I ever get the chance I would not hesitate to go to santo Tomás by myself. It feels secure, pretty and not too big. I think Menorca is ideal for solo travelers. Hope you have a lovely time xxx

Tigipaul
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » August 20th, 2019, 9:16 am

Good Morning Jane.
Been reading the posts on your question on advice on Menorca, As many people have said you will be safe in Menorca, I been to many country's over the years and there are some you don't feel at ease , but Menorca is about as safe as you get.
The locals are friendly and helpful, we stayed yet again In Escastell at the hotel Agamenon and there were 3 ladies there on holiday on their own in the same situation as you, where they had sadly lost their husbands , we often talked to them.
The hotel is a very friendly place and I would recommend it 100% Read the TripAdvisor reviews as they are accurate!!
Where ever you go in Menorca... Go, have a good holiday and relax

Paul