CAR HIRE

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: CAR HIRE

Post by davethebirder » May 16th, 2017, 3:01 pm

missy82 wrote:
May 16th, 2017, 10:32 am
Im (he is driving) using menorca car hire and it will be our first time of driving on the island ....its about 200 euros for our stay ...I hope thats not too expensive
Is "menorca car hire" the same as "Auto Amigos" as per their website "menorcacarhire.com" ?

Dave

Annie41
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Annie41 » May 16th, 2017, 4:16 pm

Trevx

I will give them a go and report back. It's a good deal, and we won't be using the car all that much so as long as we come in cheaper or similar to taxi's to and from the Airport (staying in Cala'n Bosch) we might as well.

Thanks

missy82
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by missy82 » May 17th, 2017, 1:42 pm

davethebirder wrote:
May 16th, 2017, 3:01 pm
missy82 wrote:
May 16th, 2017, 10:32 am
Im (he is driving) using menorca car hire and it will be our first time of driving on the island ....its about 200 euros for our stay ...I hope thats not too expensive
Is "menorca car hire" the same as "Auto Amigos" as per their website "menorcacarhire.com" ?

Dave
I believe they are the part of the same group...

Annie41
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Annie41 » March 22nd, 2018, 2:56 pm

I would like to add a car hire recommendation. I have just booked a really good deal with Keels and Wheels. I emailed the enquiry and got an email a few minutes later offering a discount as I am a return customer. We used them last year for a larger vehicle (usually use Poppy Cars who I would also recommend) and had a great experience with a really competitive price.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » March 22nd, 2018, 5:55 pm

AWW Glad you got a good deal, they are a lovely Spanish couple.
I only let him think he's in charge.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » November 21st, 2018, 1:21 pm

Poppycars is now under new ownership. Sue has now fully retired and Roger will be helping the new owners for a time, you may even see him at the airport now and then but for how long? I don't know.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » November 21st, 2018, 3:00 pm

Yes, we discovered this earlier on in the year, I believe a Menorca couple have taken over.

Unfortunately the takeover has impacted upon the prices we used to pay as 'regular renters' and we're now having to shop around to find a better deal. When we emailed Poppy Cars to cancel our summer, September and Christmas bookings because of the price increases, the new owners didn't even bother to reply. They're obviously not that bothered about losing 'valued customers!' :shock:

Edd
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Edd » November 21st, 2018, 3:32 pm

For many years now we have used
Alpha Cars / Don Cars.
Same owner, cannot fault service or price.
Pickup / drop off Airport

ireay
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by ireay » November 21st, 2018, 8:08 pm

We always use autopons ferreries. No hidden extras, airport collection. It’s run by a local family and has an english staff member who is brilliant. As far as I know the office is open year round. Can’t recommend highly enough

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » November 22nd, 2018, 1:49 pm

My personal recommendations now are Pancho at Ambercarsmenorca.com, Jason at Doncars.com and Toni at menorcaonwheels.com / keelsandwheels.co.uk

Sue I do know that Toni from menorcaonwheels.com does offer discounts to regulars and is considering discounts to property owners too.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)