Top 3 Things to do, Places to Visit

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
ninny pig
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: Top 3 Things to do, Places to Visit

Post by ninny pig » February 22nd, 2012, 11:50 pm

Watching the sunset at Maxi's bar in Cala n Forcat
Having a coffee while admiring the view on mount Toro
Waking up to a Menorcan blue sky

BLISS :grin:
You only live once, so live for now, enjoy everything, regret nothing.

Peterpjh
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Peterpjh » February 24th, 2012, 12:32 am

Sitting on the balcony of the rented villa with a glass of red watching the sunset.
Looking @ Son Bou beach every day of our holiday cannot be beaten.
Lunch or Evening meal in Escastell

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » March 20th, 2012, 7:51 pm

1. Go to Cala Morrell and have a beer overlooking the stunning bay, then go and wander around the burial caves, dodging snakes and lizards everywhere.

2. Go to Sa Mesquida and watch the pair of Red Kites that live there, hunting (you might spot a few tortoises on the way)

3. Sit outside your villa, long after the sun has set, with a large glass of red wine, listening to the cicadas and feel utterly, completely happy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Michael H
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Michael H » March 20th, 2012, 10:07 pm

hodghegs wrote:1. Go to Cala Morrell and have a beer overlooking the stunning bay, then go and wander around the burial caves, dodging snakes and lizards everywhere.

2. Go to Sa Mesquida and watch the pair of Red Kites that live there, hunting (you might spot a few tortoises on the way)

3. Sit outside your villa, long after the sun has set, with a large glass of red wine, listening to the cicadas and feel utterly, completely happy.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now That sounds cool :finga:

nightwaxon
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by nightwaxon » April 9th, 2012, 8:56 pm

hodghegs wrote:3. Sit outside your villa, long after the sun has set, with a large glass of red wine, listening to the cicadas and feel utterly, completely happy.
Very much this. The sounds of summer on a warm humid Menorcan Evening, Bliss! :heart:

hodghegs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by hodghegs » April 16th, 2012, 8:07 pm

3 months and 4 days....... I can't wait :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We had awful weather last July, cold and rainy for half our 2 weeks :evil: Bizarre.

JOHNSTONE MATTHEWS
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by JOHNSTONE MATTHEWS » April 17th, 2012, 3:04 pm

1. Lazing around the pool all day doing nothing for two weeks-bliss
2. Sitting outside Don Carlos with a cold beer people watching.
3. Going out for a meal each evening around the marina and wondering what to eat-so much choice. yum yum

Johnstone
one day,maybe
Cala n Bosc 15th -22nd June 2018
Cala n Bosc 8th-22nd September 2018

Dopey Whisky
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Dopey Whisky » July 4th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Had to think about that one...well not that much to be honest

in no particular order

1/ Sitting by the pool late at night when the family have turned in with a brandy( large,very) in me paw, looking at the magical night sky. After London you really do look in awe at the stars.

2/ Drooling over the works of art in the Lladro factory and having a good mump round Mahon market.

3/ Just watching my three ladies(wife/twin daughters) relax and unwind round the pool while being pelted with water bombs and water pistol in me ear :grin: :grin: even though they are 19 ! ! !

David

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » July 5th, 2012, 2:52 pm

Out on a photo shoot at SUNSET at Cavelleria
Sitting on the front terrace after a hard day my dogs around me a glass of wine in my hand and only the sound of the owls and my dogs panting.
Taking a dip at a remote beach on a very hot day. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Jill H
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Jill H » September 2nd, 2012, 9:46 pm

Love so much about Menorca but here goes:-

Beaches - possibly the main reason we come to the island time after time. La Vall is superb when the sea is like a mill pond. Pristine sandy beach with water to die for! We swim out and feel like we're in our own enormous swimming pool. So quiet mid September you can have it to yourself. Son Saura, Es Talier, Turqueta, Mitjana - all beautiful. Pregonda, beautiful Pregonda. Well worth the walk and the walk back gives you an appetite for a tasty late lunch in Fornells - highly recommended.

Mooching - we love a day out in Mahon wandering round the streets or the market. Stop for a people watching coffee at the American Bar (we are tourists!) then off to find lunch in the harbour. Ciutadella is fantastic for walking around, find a quiet spot for a coffee or a cold one :-) tapas lunch at the yacht club with a lovely view. Checking out other resorts on a cloudy day...

Relaxing - we have found the perfect villa in Cala Blanca. Small but perfectly formed :-) totally private and walking distance to Miramar, fab restaurant overlooking the inlet. Table at the waters edge, bottle of red and a fine meal. For us this is what holidays are all about :-))

3 wasn't enough!!

Back to the island on the 12th an trying scuba diving and horse riding this time. Happy days ahead. :-)