Air conditioning opinion

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
mark993targa
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Air conditioning opinion

Post by mark993targa » January 13th, 2022, 10:29 am

We are having new air conditioning units fitted this week , at the moment they are to the side of the room , we are thinking of having them central to the wall over the top of the beds . We have read lots of different advise on where they should be fitted . I’m after people’s opinions on where you think they work best, do you like the cold/ warm air blowing directly on you or just in the room regulating the temperature. Thanks .

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Air conditioning opinion

Post by Sunseaker » January 13th, 2022, 11:16 am

I personally would have them on the opposite wall, it cools the room without blowing directly on you.
I only let him think he's in charge.

Shuggie
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by Shuggie » January 13th, 2022, 12:05 pm

We had new aircon fitted 2 years ago and as much as I like a cold bedroom I wouldn’t want it blowing on me all night. With most modern units you can customise the swing of the air, up or down. We had ours fitted on the same wall as the head of the bed but to one side, approximately 1m from the edge of the bed. Works fine for us.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

RetiringEarly
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by RetiringEarly » January 14th, 2022, 9:55 am

We had aircon fitted in 2021. In the two bedrooms it was only really practical to fit the units above the doors. One is the foot-end of the bed, the other to the side. Both work well and last July in 30+° on a low fan kept the rooms cool without feeling any strong current. I can control the output vents to angle the flow across the ceiling.