Long awaited return

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Bou, San Jamie and Torri Soli resort area.
suzi
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Long awaited return

Post by suzi » June 19th, 2022, 12:35 pm

Coming back to Son bou this September after 8;years :roll: it’s been far too long! :barmy: Interested to know how this years season is going in terms of places open etc[/Any significant changes in eight years or will it be just like returning to the old son bou ?

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Long awaited return

Post by Sunseaker » June 20th, 2022, 9:20 am

I'm sure there will have been a few changes, eight years, that is a long time, have a fantastic time and bet it can't come soon enough. :razz:
I only let him think he's in charge.

corsario
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by corsario » June 22nd, 2022, 2:12 pm

I think you will see a few changes, Suzi, but it's great that you are returning after so long!
Perhaps the changes in ownership of some bars and restaurants might be a surprise, and some locations have changed completely in style/cuisine, but the stalwarts are still here, Casa Andres, MaiTai, Budha etc. The 3 beach bars are still going, some management changes there, and of course some shops and bars have not reopened following the pandemic, but the signs are that things are moving ahead, so maybe by September there will be more open.
Basically, still the same lovely place, lovely beach...all here waiting for you!
Hay que verlo para creerlo!

Every home needs a pantry...

suzi
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by suzi » June 23rd, 2022, 12:57 pm

Super, thank you. I just really can’t wait. Always wanted to go in September as well :ele: :barmy:

Napper
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Napper » July 31st, 2022, 12:36 pm

Hi, does anyone know if they still do watersports on Son Bou beach? They used to have banana boats etc a few years ago.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » August 4th, 2022, 5:39 pm

Banana boat (deffo) and pedalos (I think) are there now. No inflatable thing in the sea any more though.