Siesta Mar

Accommodation & Restaurant info for this resort area.
dans6490
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Siesta Mar

Post by dans6490 » July 7th, 2020, 3:02 pm

Having been to Menorca on holiday many times, as a family, we are considering buying somewhere between us.

We particularly like Calan Porter and have stayed in Siesta Mar (2 I think), always get them confused. We’ve seen a 3 bed apartment overlooking the pool but the agent is woefully slow and uninterested in answering questions, so I thought it would be worth asking here!

So I have the council? Tax rate and yearly charge payable for cutting the grass etc.

I just wondered if anyone has any advice on owning an apartment in calan Porter, points I may have missed or any information about siesta mar owners and what they are like to deal with?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Dan

SusieH

Re: Siesta Mar

Post by SusieH » July 7th, 2020, 3:57 pm

I've not moved your post into this forum as you might get some answers in here still but check out the 'Property Owners, Buying or Living in Menorca' forum, you might find some useful information in there to help you out :smile:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

the mad buyer
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by the mad buyer » July 13th, 2020, 6:25 pm

You have to pay non residents tax and bank charges for your account.
Stories are like fairy gold, the more you give away, the more you have

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » July 13th, 2020, 9:39 pm

If the apartment is in Siesta Mar II and overlooking the pool, it could get pretty busy and noisy when the tourists come back and around the pool and bar area, unless you don't mind. Siesta Mar I is not so bad as it is more or less privately owned.

In any case, you will need to pay Council tax to the town hall, water and electric, all by direct debit. As mentioned before Bank Charges as non-resident. And Community fees to pay for the upkeep of the surrounding grounds, insurance, pool/garden water rates etc. You should also attend a yearly community AGM to give your views or find out any plans for the future. In SMII, it is predominantly owned and controlled by Jet2 who have their own ideas and seem to have the upper hand on decisions, and with your one vote will not have much of a say. You would be better off in SMI, unless you are not bothered!!!

Dave

beachstroller
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by beachstroller » July 17th, 2020, 9:18 am

As said the Siesta Plot across the road is the least commercial/noisy...just not sure if the annual community charges mean you for cots in BOTH plots or just yours. As said the less apartents the more you get to have a say in community plans/costs. There are also lots of older small detached villas in Cala'n porter that might be worth a look at