Casa Tia

Accommodation & Restaurant info for this resort area.
Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Casa Tia

Post by Slartibartfast » September 11th, 2017, 7:24 pm

Will it ever be open when I visit???? We called in to see Derek last September ...... They were closed. Called last weekend for lunch.... They don't de lunches :roll: Oh well maybe next year.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

nottoobad
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Re: Casa Tia

Post by nottoobad » September 11th, 2017, 9:31 pm

Always open when we go Slarti, maybe you should stop letting them know when you intend to visit........ :lol: :lol:

dream.island
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by dream.island » September 11th, 2017, 9:52 pm

Believe they are only open in the evenings ... And closed Monday evenings anyway.

Casatiatapasbar

Post by Casatiatapasbar » September 11th, 2017, 11:10 pm

Maybe if you visited during our opening hours which has always been evenings as I told you when you spoke to me on Sunday. As for lunches, I think Nicki puts enough hours in preparing our tapas.

caroliner
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by caroliner » September 11th, 2017, 11:22 pm

Derek posted on Facebook that, due to illness, they will be closed in the evenings this week. They are open in the mornings for coffee but they don't do lunches. He will advise when they are back to regular opening hours.
They always have Mondays off and I understand from my visit in the summer that they will also close on Fiesta Sunday.

One of my other Cala en Porter friends posted last week that she had a 48 hour tummy bug and if Nicky has picked that up there's no way she would consider preparing food.
:gwave:

22 June - 6 July and 21 - 28 September for fiesta.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » September 13th, 2017, 10:45 am

OK OK I now know that they are not open on Monday, which will most likely have been the evening we went last year. I also now know that they only open evenings.

And yes I did know all this before I posted, I had had chat to Mr Tia. The OP was a "light hearted" PLUG for a bar and family that I wish to have every success. Surely no one took it as a complaint?

:roll: Maybe NotTooBad had the right answer. :rolleyes: :tonqe: :yawinkle:

caroliner
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by caroliner » September 22nd, 2017, 4:57 pm

Just got back and Casa Tia was closed in the evening all week. Thankfully Nicky is now on the mend and Derek has said they will be open this weekend.
:gwave:

22 June - 6 July and 21 - 28 September for fiesta.

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » April 27th, 2018, 8:26 pm

It is a disgrace!

Having just spent hundreds of thousands of euros pedestranising the main strip of CnP last year, the Alaior council, in their infinite wisdom, have decided to make alterations (costing more 1000’s of euros) to it a week before this season starts. Why you may ask, apparently it is to accommodate the coaches transferring clients to and from the All-inclusive hotel further down the road. The word is the hotel brings a lot of business to the town so must be looked after. For heaven’s sake, it’s all-inclusive!

Meanwhile the local bars & restaurants have to suffer the mess, noise and overall inconvenience while these works take place. Casa Tia is right on the junction where this is happening. They have just spent time, money & effort improving their restaurant over the winter and is looking great, but they will not be able to open as planned.

Where is the common sense and logic (often attributed to the planning authorities in Menorca!), gone.

Anyway, rant over and I hope Derek and Nicki, and all the other affected bar & restaurant proprietors, do not suffer too much from this appalling decision.

Dave

ethel
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by ethel » April 27th, 2018, 10:48 pm

Sorry to hear this, hope Casa Tia and the other businesses don't suffer because of this, we will be with you in August for three weeks. We loved the pedestrianised way, stupid councils, give them grief xxxxxx

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » April 29th, 2018, 7:01 pm

davethebirder wrote:
April 27th, 2018, 8:26 pm

Where is the common sense and logic
You is havin a larrrffffff :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You is/was in Menorca where the town planners erected a one way sign at the entrance to a cul-de-sac :shock: You could drive in but ya couldn't get back out :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: