The best Resturants in Arenal D'En Castell

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Arenal d'en Castell, Na Macaret, Coves Noves and Port Addaya resort area.
julesk
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: The best Resturants in Arenal D'En Castell

Post by julesk » August 9th, 2008, 12:19 pm

We must have a look around Arenal this time - we have only been to the beach on day trips (and the beach bar) or up at the Coves Noves shopping/restaurant area.
Jules

Tramontana Appts,Playa de Fornells - June 2001
Villa, S'Albufera - June 2003
Villa, Addaia - May 2007
Villa, Addaia - August 2008

Jamesdavid
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by Jamesdavid » August 17th, 2008, 12:47 pm

Just got back and Coves Noves Area is very good for food, theres about 5 different resturants in that area!

julesk
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by julesk » August 17th, 2008, 5:43 pm

The precinct where the supermarket (spar?) is? I remember reading on this site that the Chinese restaurant there is pretty dodgy though :???:
Jules

Tramontana Appts,Playa de Fornells - June 2001
Villa, S'Albufera - June 2003
Villa, Addaia - May 2007
Villa, Addaia - August 2008

debg
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by debg » August 18th, 2008, 7:52 am

The chinese in arenal is the dodgy one, the one at coves noves is usually busy and smells lovely!!!!

scottyboy
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by scottyboy » August 18th, 2008, 6:50 pm

debg wrote:The chinese in arenal is the dodgy one, the one at coves noves is usually busy and smells lovely!!!!
I remember trying the chinese in arenal the evening before i moved back to the uk and was seriously ill the next day.I thought it might just be nerves due to having to fly my dog back and there being complications at the last minute so tried it again while on holiday the following year....Guess what?........ill again , now i normally have the constitution of an ox so it's pretty bad to make me ill.
Won't be eating there when i'm there tomorrow ....WHOOPEEEE

Sa gavina and John Smiths are always excellent and the Japis food is very good too

scottyboy
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by scottyboy » August 27th, 2008, 8:00 pm

The chinese in COVES NOVES has been closed down due to food poisoning and the like.Ate mostly at Smithys this year.Going on food quality and price it was the best.Sa Gavinas food as always was great but more expensive.....If anyone's willing to travel a short distance then for a high quality meal in a fabulous setting then the resturant in Sa Roca is wonderful.Expect to part with some cash but it's worth it.

emmabroadhurst

Post by emmabroadhurst » August 28th, 2008, 8:21 pm

We are visiting Arenal on the 6th September for two weeks and am looking forward to eating at Sa Gavina. We are staying up the back of the resort in a private apartment somewhere called via jardin or something like that. Anyway can anyone tell me where abouts exactly is Sa Gavina??? Many thanks!

Jesse
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Jesse » August 29th, 2008, 9:33 am

Sa Gavina is down towards the sea (but still on the hill rather than sea level) where most of the shops and restaurants are. It is next door to the Irish Pub or across from Japi Bar. You go down from the road either by the SPAR or by the Irish Bar and there are some shops and restaurants along a walk way. It is not hard to find when you get there, Arenal is a small resort (that is why we love it :grin: ). There is also a cashpoint close to Japi Bar and the shop (could be another SPAR) across from the Irish Bar.
It is never too late to give up.

solisla
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by solisla » September 16th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Smithys is a great place to eat, not over expensive and good home cooked food.
Recommend fish and chips on a Friday night. They will cook a paella to order for as many people as you like and with whatever ingredients you like, so for non seafood eaters you can request a chicken one veggies can have a veggie one etc etc.

Acuario in na Macaret is a great fave of ours, it can be reached by the road train that runs through Arenal and you can time your dinner around the trains timetable, I have seen the last train waiting as some stragglers pay their bill ! Menu is typically Spanish (not a chip in sight) with the fish tank on display in the restaurant. Not cheap but highly recommended. You will find a high percentage of customers to be Spanish.

Chinese restaurants in Menorca, well I haven't found a good one in the many years I have been visiting and avoid them all now.
If you can't laugh at yourself rest assured someone else will do it for you !

paula4220
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by paula4220 » September 17th, 2008, 1:51 pm

Best chinese without a doubt (and we've tried many over the years) is in Son Parc - a warm welcome from Anna guaranteed! Trust me, you won't be disappointed!

Paula :grin: