Maribel apartments

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santandria, Sa Caleta and Cala Blanca resort area.
JENJEN
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Maribel apartments

Post by JENJEN » September 20th, 2012, 1:25 pm

We are off to Cala Blanca next June for our 5th visit in seven years. We have been fortunate enough in the past to hire a private Villa through Home owners abroad near the Blarney Stone (our favourite watering hole).

Unfortunately funds being a bit low we are having to stay at the Maribel having booked a 2 bed apartment for 4 adults. Does anyone know if the apartments are spacious and how large are the balconies.
LIFE IS TO SHORT MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Maribel apartments

Post by glensibs » September 20th, 2012, 6:32 pm

Maribel have a few sites around Cala Blanca/Santandria and we have stayed with them a couple of times. The apartments over their main restaurant in CB are basic but fine, clean etc with average sized balconies. They put us round the corner on one occasion in a small development near the Blan Cala apts and that was fine too. They also have apartments near Jenny's on the back road but we've not been based in those. We are off to Cala Blanca next week, at the Maribel again, I'll report back if there is anything that will be of more interest. What can possibly go wrong????????!!!!

garyd
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by garyd » September 22nd, 2012, 5:13 pm

If you want quiet DONT get the ones over Jennys/Tonys etc,the sound of pool playing at 2am and constant noise from Tonys will not be good,they are also small and no-where near as quiet/nice as the 9 apartments near the Blan Cala complex.The ones i have recommended come with air con and 2 double size bedrooms with 2 single beds in each ,kitchen is basic ,2ring cooker/microwave/fridge/freezer but they are very clean and sheets/towels,etc are done twice a week,great pool and very quiet at night,not enough parasols round pool,enjoy

JENJEN
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by JENJEN » September 23rd, 2012, 10:36 pm

Thanks glensibs & garyd for your comments. We will try and contact the maribel direct and request one of the apartments near the Blancala apts if possible.

angelina66
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by angelina66 » October 17th, 2012, 10:05 pm

I think you might find that in June, the annex near the Blancala is not open!

We have stayed at the Maribel for the last 3 years in the Whit holiday (late may/early June) and the complex has been far from full. We have been twice in a 3 bed "townhouse" type apartment on the road leading down the back of Tony's/Nautilus/Julia - there are about 5 in a terrace and they are great...just a little bit of noise from the tapas bar directly opposite. Once we had a 2 bed apartment and that was above the shops just down from Julia and on the opposite side. It was good too and the noise was minimal due to the overall quietness of the resort at that time.

One time we did walk past the annex and it was all shut down.

If you can...go for one of the 3 bed apartments!

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » October 18th, 2012, 10:25 am

I meant to give you an update when we got back on 3 Oct but forgot all about it. We were in an apartment at the Maribel over the shop/restaurant facing the pool for a week. It was spotlessly clean, had aircon, comfortable beds and UK TV. A little bit tired as in there was an awful lot of pine - wardrobes - cupboards etc but it had obviously been given a coat of paint earlier in the year. Ours was a one bed apartment and the balcony would have been big enough for 4 chairs with a little bit of space. It's a really good budget option. Just a thought though why do these places never give you a kettle - whats that all about??

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » October 18th, 2012, 11:45 am

That's why we bought a travel kettle years ago! :grin:
Trevx

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » October 18th, 2012, 6:37 pm

I've got one somewhere - cue the loft ladder! We normally manage to get by with hand luggage only these days so a few things had to give - probably the first to go was the travel kettle. Followed by the hairdryer.....

JENJEN
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by JENJEN » October 22nd, 2012, 9:51 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments. I had heard that you do not get a kettle in the apartments, but I understood you hired them from reception as I would not have space in my luggage to take one with me.

garyd
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by garyd » November 3rd, 2012, 9:12 am

mmm,strange there is a kettle in the 2 bed apartments