April in Cala Blanca

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santandria, Sa Caleta and Cala Blanca resort area.
mthompson1875
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

April in Cala Blanca

Post by mthompson1875 » November 16th, 2018, 10:16 pm

Wondering if anybody can tell me what CB is like in mid April? Thinking of booking an early trip for next year but would there be anybody around and any bars open so early in the season. Thought CB would be good as not far into Ciutadella if it is quiet or not beach weather but would be better still if there is some life in the resort. All info appreciated!

mthompson1875
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Re: April in Cala Blanca

Post by mthompson1875 » November 16th, 2018, 10:53 pm

Looking at accommodation near the Cala. Any information as to whether bars and restaurants around the Cala - Miramar, Sa Cova, Mediterranean, Hola, etc might be open mid April greatly appreciated!

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » November 17th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Think you'd find it vv quiet!

I've been told the same applies in Cala Blanca as across the island: many places (bars, hotels, restaurants) don't open until May. Add to that, Easter is late next year (21/04) so there's less incentive to open sooner. Unless you've got private accommodation I suspect you'll struggle to find anywhere to stay out of the main towns in April. However if you've got a specific hotel/ apartment complex in mind nothing lost in emailing them to enquire.
Good luck and let me know how you get on :smile:

mthompson1875
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by mthompson1875 » November 18th, 2018, 2:11 pm

Seem to be a few accommodation options and have managed to find flights. Realise it might not be beach weather every day but the only worry is not being able to find a meal and a beer!

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » November 21st, 2018, 1:28 pm

If you want to guarantee a meal and a beer on your doorstep then I suggest you book accommodation in one of the towns, Ciutadella, Es Mercadal, Mahon or Es Castell and hire a car for the beach days. April can have glorious weather but as said most resorts won't have much if anything open before may or Easter at least
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)