Covid 19 July

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
sstowe
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Covid 19 July

Post by sstowe » May 24th, 2020, 12:12 pm

So I still have my flights booked with EasyJet leaving Luton on the 3rd July, realistically what are the chances of Menorca taking holiday makers from the UK or anywhere by then?

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Covid 19 July

Post by Shuggie » May 24th, 2020, 2:25 pm

Reading local news today I would say you have a very good chance. Pedro Sanchez want to allow tourist back to spain in July. It will of course depend on what happens in the next few weeks with new cases of Covid in both countries.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

monsmoy

Post by monsmoy » May 30th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Same here mate, our holiday booked through Tui on July 2nd.Still keeping fingers crossed that it all goes ahead.Just hope all the beaches are opened.Spent a week near Barcelona in my truck under lockdown conditions and it wasnt funny.Very strict and you dont mess about wirh Spanish police.Mind you on the third day they knocked on the cab door at 4.45 in the morning to see if i was ok.I was delivering flour to Mercadona logistic centre in Abrera.

sstowe
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by sstowe » May 31st, 2020, 11:32 am

Just checked the Set Hotel website and there hotels are not opening until the 3rd July and the prices are cheaper than when I booked last year.
I have asked for an update and to see if they will honour the lower price.
Fingers crossed to all who are waiting on weather their holiday will go ahead.

monsmoy

Post by monsmoy » June 29th, 2020, 6:20 am

What a performance.Tui cancelled our holiday 02.07.20 without informing us.Only found out by looking at my Tui website.Tui not answering emails or calls.
Found out Tui only now fly from Hannover on Sundays.Hence they cancelled .
Rebooked a shortened holiday with car to Mar Blau SonBou..All money apart from the rent car through Tui has been refunded.
Anyone had any problems with Ok cars?
Is the beach at Son Bou open?
Looking forward to visiting Menorca again.

peterread543@bt
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by peterread543@bt » June 29th, 2020, 2:40 pm

We have had our holiday cancelled by TUI, but we did get a full refund without any hassle. The Menorca daily rag gives regular updates on the state of play with the tourism sector, but it is continually changing.
https://www.menorca.info/menorca.html We have another booked and paid for in October, I am hopeful we will be able to visit but realistically I think its 50/50 with the problems everywhere. The hotel sector is only partially opening, with many staying closed for this season.
pete

monsmoy

Post by monsmoy » July 1st, 2020, 9:53 am

Cant believe it.Tui has done it again!
They cancelled the second booked holiday 4 days before we were due to fly.
Hotel manager of Mar Blau says rooms are available
Tui are cancelling flights and reselling to highest bidder.
Im disgusted with them.
Will be putting in damage claim against Tui
Ive spent nearly a week of my holidays trying to claim money back and rebook.