Lockdown

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
bulwellian
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Lockdown

Post by bulwellian » May 11th, 2020, 11:02 am

Whilst we have been in a state of lockdown ,no complaints it was necessary and successful ,our Menorcan friends have had there parties barbecues and got together for drinks whiles the ex-pats I know peronally have rigorously observed the rules and regulations , now as we enter phase one we can once again move around the Island however the regulations state -no travel except in the region you are in as in a province, Island or health care area that has entered phase one-no problem with that ,my problem is how come the ferries are bringing people from the mainland to the island so whats the odds there's going to be another outbreak

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lockdown

Post by Slartibartfast » May 13th, 2020, 4:49 pm

We have been saying the same in the UK. Why are planes and ferries still bringing people into the UK without any checks??
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Rickse28
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Re: Lockdown

Post by Rickse28 » May 17th, 2020, 5:32 pm

I heard on the radio today that they have started using infra-red cameras to scan people arriving in the UK. They won't show that someone has Coronavirus, but will indicate a possible feverish condition. Anyone showing up as being 'hot' (in the old-fashioned meaning of the word!!) will be taken aside for further testing. I hope every airport and transport centre will do the same, even after the pandemic has subsided. BTW today was the first day we went out in south east London for leisure as a family. We strolled round the park, which was a strange feeling. I was exhausted afterwards!!