New Years Eve

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
Islandgirl

New Years Eve

Post by Islandgirl » May 4th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Hello everyone

We are coming over for New Years and I wondered which area you have found has the best atmosphere, we will be with two children under 7, (so will most probably see 12 back inside with our own vino 😀) but from what I have heard Mercadel is pretty good, which we have stayed in before, any views on Ciutadella? We know Menorca well but just never seen New Year in yet! We are there in a few weeks but would rather learn from your experience

Thanks everyone and take care

Antonia

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Years Eve

Post by Sunseaker » May 7th, 2019, 1:08 pm

Can't say about the West of the Island only been to Mahon (Mao), people tend to take their own wine and grapes, eat one grape for each bong, not easy eating 12 grapes in 12 seconds :lol:
I only let him think he's in charge.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » May 10th, 2019, 4:38 pm

Spent last NYE at the Moli D'es Raco (windmill) in Es Mercadal and it was fabulous!

Cost about 50 Euros PP, which included 3 courses with a whole lobster each and wine, also party bags and Cava and grapes at midnight. Pretty sure we were the only English people there and we needed a bit of help translating the menu, which was all in Catalan, but the local folk on the next table made us feel welcome and we had a right laugh, despite not being fluent in Spanish. There's also a free party with live music from about 11pm I think, until the early hours, in the community hall by the windmill, but we had to fly back quite early the next morning, so didn't go :sad:

Most of the towns, Alaior, Mahon, Sant Lluis, hold their NYE party in a marquee, but they don't usually get going until well after midnight, so might be a bit late for your children.

We've spent most of our NYEs in restaurants in Mahon, but never done one in Ciutadella, so can't comment on that I'm afraid.

Cheers

Sue :partyman:

Islandgirl

Post by Islandgirl » June 1st, 2019, 8:23 pm

Thankyou both of you, very informative Sue and we love Mercadel so that is great to know xx