Alayor

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
Gmo

Alayor

Post by Gmo » February 10th, 2019, 10:24 am

Hello, I am looking to buy in Menorca, is Alayor a good town for foreigners to live in.
Thanks in advance

kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Alayor

Post by kieronf » February 10th, 2019, 2:44 pm

From a practical viewpoint Alaior has everything you would need - schools, shops, cafes, supermarket(s), medical centre, sports centre and so on. It is a compact town, some would say densely populated given it's size, but there are plenty of expats that live there and enjoy the place. The beaches at Son Bou are minutes away by car and the airport and Mahon city are ten minutes drive. I can only offer that practical viewpoint, I don't live there but I go there regularly, sometimes in preference to Mahon, simply because it is easier to park and much quieter. Hope this helps.
Last edited by kieronf on February 10th, 2019, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Alayor

Post by Slartibartfast » February 10th, 2019, 4:58 pm

A good friend has a town house in Alayor and wouldn't swap it for anywhere else on the Island, he loves it there and has made lots of local friends. And as kieronf said its central and has everything you will ever need 365 days a year. Personally I'd pick one of the Islands towns over a holiday resort to buy every time.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)