Home ownership advice

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Home ownership advice

Post by Sue Adderley » January 21st, 2019, 4:11 pm

Hi, no problem! Hope you can start to get things sorted now. I must admit it took us a while, due to a dodgy Abogado and our Community Office administrator binning our post :shock:

Our current Abogado is Fernando Caballero Visser. His office is in Calle Norte in Mahon upper town. We started using him about 8-9 years ago to do our non-resident's tax returns (he charges 75 Euros each). But we've also received advice from him on other issues, such as wills and inheritance tax, and he didn't charge us a penny! I'm sure quite a few other members would also recommend him. He speaks fluent English, as does his secretary Joanne. His email address is info@clmabogados.com if you'd like to drop him a line about your non-resident's tax. Tel. No. 0034 971 352572.

Sue :toasting:

Madcat
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by Madcat » January 22nd, 2019, 12:38 am

I would also highly recommend Fernando Caballero. We used him initially when buying our apartment, he also now does our tax yearly. Perfect English and the team are very helpful. It’s also very easy to access his office in Mahon and he always remembers us! Hope this helps.

Keefyd
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by Keefyd » January 22nd, 2019, 10:59 am

I also use Fernando, very helpful and reasonable with his charges.
Lover of everything Menorcan. :jozza:

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » January 22nd, 2019, 11:20 am

I use Fernando and whilst he’s excellent when you’ve got him ‘tuned in’ he can be a nightmare when it comes to responding to emails. He has, however, done plenty for me and not charged for it. And he can’t half talk :lol: :lol:
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

chadcarr
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by chadcarr » January 24th, 2019, 8:26 am

I will second that Fernando can take some time to reply, suggest calling his office.
Last edited by chadcarr on January 31st, 2019, 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » January 27th, 2019, 3:16 pm

I have another email address for Fernando, which goes to his secretary, Joanne: - secretary@clmabogados.com we've never had a problem with replies.

chadcarr
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by chadcarr » January 31st, 2019, 8:14 am

Thank you Sue, they never communicated that email!

pc.hc@tesco.net
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by pc.hc@tesco.net » February 1st, 2019, 9:32 pm

Thanks Sue