The mystery of Andres’ ex-El Faro) new restaurant in Binibeca Vell

Sponsored by El Faros restaurant. Accommodation & Restaurant info for Binibequer, Cala Torret and Binissafuller area.
bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

The mystery of Andres’ ex-El Faro) new restaurant in Binibeca Vell

Post by bini-lizard » August 2nd, 2018, 5:13 pm

Everyone seems to know the family who ran El Faro, we all know them as lovely people, nobody has a bad word for them.

Loads of us were watching out for where Andres Jnr. was setting up so we can go there. My neighbours never visited El Faro before but really like the new place. It’s not been open long yet has 28 tripadvisor reviews all 5 star. Here’s the mystery, Every time I walk past it in the last couple of weeks the place is either empty or at best has 1 table occupied lunchtime or evening yet all the eateries on the main drag are rammed, they even queue for tables at Sa Masclera.

It is different from El Faro but I’d love to know why it’s not busy and I hope me posting this by sods law means things will pick up.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The mystery of Andres’ ex-El Faro) new restaurant in Binibeca Vell

Post by Sunseaker » August 4th, 2018, 10:50 am

:sad: Maybe it's because it's a new place, I do hope they do well as Andreas jnr is as hard working as his mum and dad, we will be paying them a visit beginning of September and hopefully it will be a bit busier.
I only let him think he's in charge.

lorelai
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by lorelai » August 8th, 2018, 3:23 pm

I think you've sort of hit the nail on the head with 'the main drag thing'. It's not exactly the most desirable position physically, sort of tucked around the side of the supermarket, no view of the sea or anything, I just think people won't know about it or will prefer somewhere more bustling/with a sea view. I do hope it all picks up for him.

PeterV
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by PeterV » April 20th, 2019, 8:56 pm

It is in a strange location and the decor is very basic. Food is good. It’s a very competitive market though.

bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by bini-lizard » May 22nd, 2019, 5:14 pm

Just got back from a few days on the island. Bumped into Andreas senior walking down the road and he said him and his wife are now working at Andrea junior’s place a bit. I said I thought he was now a ‘jubilado’ but he said he didn’t like it!

We didn’t eat at Andreas’s this time but popped in for a chat. He said his wife is working there less and spending more time with junior-junior who is 14 months and now walking.

The hot news is at the end of this year the ice cream place next door is going (Andreas senior owns the building and their lease won’t be renewed) and Andreas is moving in there, much better location, bit more of an outlook.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » May 23rd, 2019, 10:25 am

We are going beginning of September and will pop into see them :smile:

PeterS
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by PeterS » June 19th, 2019, 11:17 am

I’m currently on holiday in Binibeca and agree it’s a bit out of the way around the corner. We’ve eaten there twice and the food has been great. They make you feel so welcome and deserve the trade. So give them a try.We’re coming back in October and we’ll certainly go there again.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » June 19th, 2019, 2:00 pm

Glad you enjoyed it, we can't go anywhere else as we've known then for 33 years, as you say they make you so welcome and work really hard.