Los Bucaneros Beach Bar

Sponsored by El Faros restaurant. Accommodation & Restaurant info for Binibequer, Cala Torret and Binissafuller area.
jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Los Bucaneros Beach Bar

Post by jhold » March 7th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Hi everybody. Just wondering if anybody might know when the beach bar Los Bucaneros reopens for the season?

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Los Bucaneros Beach Bar

Post by Slartibartfast » March 8th, 2015, 11:02 am

I do not know for sure but would think not until May.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by jhold » March 8th, 2015, 5:05 pm

Thank you. I thought the same as well. We're planning on coming out at the end of May and we're trying to figure out what will be open. Our place is in Cala Torret and I think most the restaurants will be open there by then. But the beach bar would be a real bonus!

bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by bini-lizard » March 8th, 2015, 7:02 pm

OK so I need to get a life but it's Sunday and I'm nursing a hang-over so I've done some detective work!

We were there at Easter last year and my son and I were chucking the rugby ball about on the beach, I've checked the photo's and as you guessed it wasn't open then. One of my mates stayed at our place last May, they arrived on May 9th for a week and when he got back he said they'd had an afternoon beer there a couple of times.

We're going at Easter again in 3 weeks, 1 day, 11 hours and 52 minutes for a bit of painting, etc. not all but lots of places are usually open, do love it there in the spring.

jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by jhold » March 16th, 2015, 12:41 am

Excellent! Thank you for very much for your detective work :grin: . I usually go out either in April or in the high summer so I've never really known when it opens. The beach is fantastic, but the beach bar itself is such a great place to sit and have a couple of afternoon drinks and relax for a while.

I imagine that most places in Cala Torret should be open by then as well, El Faro, Taverna Del Corso, Na Rosa, DP, Pedros. Do you know if Bar Paupa is open by May? Another great place.

(just booked our flights, 8 weeks, 5 days and 12 hours :grin: )

lorelai
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by lorelai » April 30th, 2015, 4:05 pm

Does anyone know what time the beach bar is open until in the evening in July?

jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by jhold » May 1st, 2015, 3:37 pm

I'm pretty sure that they close the bar at 8pm. They give out disposable cups for your drinks so you can still sit there whilst they close up.

lorelai
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by lorelai » May 8th, 2015, 10:06 am

Brilliant news, thanks for that! My husband and I like to go down to the beach bar and sit behind it to watch the fish and the waves whilst having a glass of wine before we head down to Cala Torret. Out of season we take our own wine down but will be nice to have a glass from there!

talbotvanman
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by talbotvanman » July 25th, 2015, 10:07 am

Absolutely right jhold (8pm + plastic cups!) Of course you can sit there all night
if you want to but this year they stacked the stools and chained them together.
Dont remember that happening before so you will need something soft to sit on !!!

jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by jhold » May 15th, 2016, 5:02 pm

Does anybody know or has anyone seen if Los Bucaneros is open as usual this year? I'm sure it is but I just want to be sure. It's probably my favourite place on the island.