PortBlue San Luis Question ?

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
Michael H
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

PortBlue San Luis Question ?

Post by Michael H » February 5th, 2020, 9:51 pm

Hello again folks,

Hope I have posted this in the right section.

I have managed to get a very decent price for the week 19th to 25th April this year.
Visiting on my own this time with partners blessing, :smile: as looking to see some of the places I could never get to in the past as a family.
Also looking at a few apartments to view in mind of a long term let, to see if we are OK for 6 months or so before commiting to buying.

Looks a very nice hotel, very surprised it is open so early season and realise the resort will in the main be still closed.

Is there likely to be anywhere open nearby, evenings in April ? I expect not ! Not to worry as I have a motorcycle hired for the week.

Any suggestions where to go for a meal in the evenings nearby or would it be best to eat at the hotel ?

Any advice much appreciated, Michael

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PortBlue San Luis Question ?

Post by Sunseaker » February 7th, 2020, 6:01 pm

If your staying in Sant Llouis there will be places open to eat, as well as Es Castell and Mahon.
I only let him think he's in charge.

18jsm
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by 18jsm » February 8th, 2020, 9:10 am

Both the Reina Isabell, El Pirata and the village supermarket will all be open.
John

peterread543@bt
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by peterread543@bt » February 8th, 2020, 9:22 am

I would recommend Tapes Can Avelino and Can Avelino 23 both near the rusty roundabout on the Mahon to Es Castell road see TA. They are open in April as are Bar Camacho and Bar Espana in Es castell . We visited in April a couple of years ago, great holiday and weather i'm jealous.

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » February 8th, 2020, 10:16 pm

Just booked for Tapes for Sunday, been closed all January as many places have. Great value, service and food!!!
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » February 9th, 2020, 1:13 am

I thought PortBlue San Luis is in S'Algar. I am no expert on the resort, but I wouldn't have thought much was open there until the beginning of May. However as you have your motorbike you could go to the Mahon/Es Castell area for your meals (but no drinking! :smile: :smile: )

Dave

18jsm
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by 18jsm » February 9th, 2020, 1:38 am

The bars/restaurants in S’Algar will be open if you don’t want to drive !
John

Michael H
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Michael H » February 10th, 2020, 10:08 pm

Thanks so much for all the replies folks, I have been looking around at some of the suggestions on Google streetview :grin: