Walks

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
John Connelly
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Walks

Post by John Connelly » June 14th, 2022, 2:51 pm

A friend of mine and his wife are heading out to Menorca next week. They're not looking for a swimming pool/beach type of holiday. They intend basing themselves in Mahon and going on long walks, maybe getting a bus out to the starting point. Any recommendations/ideas ? Web links would be even better. Thanks
It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice :gmb:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Walks

Post by Sunseaker » June 15th, 2022, 9:27 am

There are plenty of walks in and around the Towns and resorts, we just used to take ourselves off and see where we ended up.
I only let him think he's in charge.

John Connelly
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by John Connelly » June 16th, 2022, 7:04 pm

Thanks but they've changed their minds. They got cheap flights but accommodation was through the roof. They've now booked all inclusive in Ibiza but will not be doing the lazing by the pool all day, it's just not for them but the price was good. Apparently there are some very good walks on Ibiza

Tigipaul
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Tigipaul » June 16th, 2022, 8:36 pm

Hello John .
Reading your post about your friends and walks in Menorca who are now off the Ibiza .
Well if they like walks , have they been to or considered Madeira , some amazing walks ,for all capabilities !! there .Amazing scenery
Plenty of good ,well priced hotels too.
Paul

John Connelly
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by John Connelly » June 17th, 2022, 7:21 am

Tigipaul wrote:
June 16th, 2022, 8:36 pm
Hello John .
Reading your post about your friends and walks in Menorca who are now off the Ibiza .
Well if they like walks , have they been to or considered Madeira , some amazing walks ,for all capabilities !! there .Amazing scenery
Plenty of good ,well priced hotels too.
Paul
Thanks, I'll pass that on. They're both retired now but don't do the beach/pool thing. They holiday a few times a year so Madeira might be a good shout. We were there once for a one day stopover on a cruise, yes amazing scenery 😀

corsario
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by corsario » June 22nd, 2022, 2:32 pm

Hi John
I hope your walking friends enjoy their trip to Ibiza. If they have holidays later in the year, the flights to MAH can be very reasonable in September/October, and equally some accommodation prices drop considerably.
It is an ideal time for a walking holiday, and apart from all the usual walks, there is the whole of the Cami de Cavalls to explore. Transport can be arranged with the walking tours companies and is a worthwhile and easy way to do various stretches of the Cami without having to return to the start of your walk each time.
Hay que verlo para creerlo!

Every home needs a pantry...

John Connelly
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by John Connelly » June 22nd, 2022, 7:51 pm

Thanks, I'll pass this on. They go walking holidays a lot but Menorca accommodation was just too much this time. Maybe it will be cheaper later in the season.