Vaccination certificate change from 1 feb 2022

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
dream.island
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Vaccination certificate change from 1 feb 2022

Post by dream.island » January 22nd, 2022, 1:33 pm

Apparently Spain is changing the full vaccination acceptance time from 1 February for admittance into Spain for those using covid vaccination certificates. Last jab has to be within 270 days of visit. Does not specify if this is 270 days to arrival date or has to cover the full visit.

This will affect us older visitors who may have had their boosters October to December 2021.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/s ... ebruary-1/

Euroboss
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Vaccination certificate change from 1 feb 2022

Post by Euroboss » January 23rd, 2022, 1:56 am

They can poke it up their arses as far as i'm concerned we'll be spending our money elsewhere! The lack of pushback from the Spanish/Menorcan tourist industry is pretty astonishing when other countries like Portugal have woken up to the nonsense.

Scimitar
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Scimitar » January 25th, 2022, 3:28 pm

Well, I booked for a week 25th June to 2nd July I am right on the line for 270 days I had my booster on October 18th. My party all had theirs later so they are in time. I was about to book a week in September that's not happening now with this restriction. Ill just enjoy 22 years of memories and spend my dosh elsewhere. How to dampen your economy in one move. Daft.
Menorca, fulfils my deams of happiness and contentment

dream.island
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by dream.island » January 25th, 2022, 10:04 pm

Goes on and on, one thing after another. This new ruling hits those who have followed advice and had their vaccinations when they have been told to. They cannot demand or pay for a 4 th vaccination. Now they may not be able to travel because they took up the booster to help control this virus.

Euroboss
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Euroboss » January 25th, 2022, 11:28 pm

They're getting away with it due to the compliance is the hard truth. Look at the huge number of cases in France with the restrictions forced on them; covid passes for virtually everything, strict mask mandate etc etc they've got a absolutely huge number of cases of the latest very mild variant. Clearly the restrictions don't work and it's not the unvaccinated spreading the virus about. The ONLY way we'll get out of this is when the majority say enough is enough and we stop complying with getting injected etc etc.

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » January 26th, 2022, 3:10 pm

Further to the above: seems it may be EU-wide.

https://www-menorca-info.translate.goog ... _tr_pto=sc

PS Just received update from UK govt on entry requirements for Spain from Feb 1st which includes the following:

"From 1 February onwards, at least 14 days must have passed since being fully vaccinated (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single-dose vaccine) before arrival in Spain. Your date(s) of vaccination must be specified and your final dose must have been administered within 270 days prior to travel to Spain. I f you completed your vaccination (with both doses of a 2-dose vaccine or one dose of a single dose vaccine) more than 270 days prior to Spain, you must be able to show proof of having recieving (sic) a booster jab."

There's more on the UK govt website for those interested/ concerned. I take this to mean that if you've had a third booster (and have appropriate proof) you'll meet entry requirements.

RetiringEarly
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by RetiringEarly » January 27th, 2022, 11:06 am

Exactly how I read it trevx and most of the commentators from the travel industry seem to agree. 3rd (booster) gives you your travel rights.

Scimitar
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Scimitar » January 28th, 2022, 1:44 pm

I actually got to speak with advisors at TUI and Villa Plus, Its 270 days from your second vax however if you are boosted that's ok... for now?
Menorca, fulfils my deams of happiness and contentment