First Visit Planning

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
the mad buyer
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: First Visit Planning

Post by the mad buyer » April 16th, 2019, 8:48 pm

Look in the forum (six under the general help forum) titled ‘MenorcaTalk members villas and apartments showcase’ you will see them there
Stories are like fairy gold, the more you give away, the more you have

Duffer
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Duffer » April 16th, 2019, 10:15 pm

Sorry, I’m obviously missing something but can’t find it

Duffer
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Duffer » April 16th, 2019, 10:18 pm

Found it!!!

the mad buyer
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by the mad buyer » April 17th, 2019, 6:34 pm

:cool:
Stories are like fairy gold, the more you give away, the more you have

Doddy01
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Doddy01 » April 17th, 2019, 8:42 pm

What you have to remember with menorca is it isn't like anywhere else. It's not party central anywhere even the busiest resorts. We've been going to Cala en porter for the last 20 years since our youngest was one and that's one of the busiest yet we've had friends come and say is far too quiet for them 🙄😞 it's always been fine for us entertainment stops at midnight but there's good restaurants great friendly bars and karaoke quiz and bingo and tribute bands if you fancy. We've done villas the last few years as our children are now older. Son bou is lovely as is es castell (restaurant wise never stayed there). menorca is magical to me there's nowhere like it but everyone's different. Hope you have a fab time :smile:
Cala n'porter my second home - if I could afford it!

ginandtonic
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by ginandtonic » April 18th, 2019, 9:25 am

If you could let people know what holiday destinations you have enjoyed in the past and whether beaches are of importance that may help with some suggestions. I'm sure there will be somewhere that suits you, it's such a lovely island.

jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by jhold » June 6th, 2019, 2:30 pm

Just seen this post now! For me Binibeca offers the perfect balance of everything. There's plenty to do and see, but it's by no means overcrowded or too busy, very much a family/couples orientated area. By day there's the beach (my favourite on the island) and lots of beautiful coastline to enjoy. There's also lots of places to go walking/hiking, and it's a pleasant walk down the coast towards Punta Prima, Alcuafar or Binisafuller. It's also only 10/15 mins from Mahon, where there's lots to do.

In the evening there's a fantastic choice of bars and restaurants. There's several places in Binibeca Vell, or a short walk down coast you get to Cala Torret, which has become something of a gastro-hotspot in recent years. There's also supermarkets in both Binibeca and Cala Torret.

It really is a lovely part of the island. Redorka is a company that rents a lot of villas out in the area https://redorka.com/en/properties.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » June 6th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Just to say that the 10/15 to Mahon (Mao) is by car not walking, Binibeca was our first holiday abroad in 1985 and we went back every year with our children, they now take their children, last year our 21 year old granddaughter took her boyfriend it's that lovely :grin:
I only let him think he's in charge.

bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by bini-lizard » June 6th, 2019, 7:29 pm

You could always have a butchers at ‘View members property for rent’ on this site. I think there’s even a couple in Binibeca :partyman: :oops:

mattonet

Post by mattonet » June 7th, 2019, 8:06 am

The resort of Arenal d’en Castell is well worth a look.