CAR HIRE

Any general questions, tips or information, best beaches, great days and nights out in Menorca.
Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: CAR HIRE

Post by Sue Adderley » November 26th, 2018, 5:54 pm

Cheers for the recommendations!

We've already tried Don Cars and Sol Cars and tbf both were on a par with Poppy with regards to customer service etc. Sol Cars do offer a regular's discount, but only if you pay upfront at the start of the year, which is not something we've done before :???: I think I'll contact a couple of the other Companies and see what they say.

Sue :toasting:

petert
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by petert » November 26th, 2018, 6:17 pm

Another recommendation for autospons ferreries. Excellent service and good value for money.
A bonus is that Sarah is British !

MisterT

Post by MisterT » January 10th, 2019, 9:21 am

Hi all,

Has anyone any recent experience of renting with Hiper Cars? They've got a great price for 3 weeks rental this summer and I'm really tempted, most reviews I can find are generally positive (Gold Car they aint!") but nothing that recent. I'm not bothered about the off airport location as it's only a five minutes away.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » January 10th, 2019, 12:09 pm

Hi and welcome to MenorcaTalk. Not heard much about them in the past few years. They were like many others happy to offer cheap and then try it on once they had you there. So general rules apply, if it too good to be true, then there's a good chance it is. Just make sure you read and understand their T&C's and make yourself aware of any damage however slight to the body, interior and keys. Also check their fuel policy, a friend rented a small 3 door diesel for 5 days, came with a full tank (120.00€) return empty with no refund.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » January 10th, 2019, 6:01 pm

We stopped using Hiper several years ago, when their fuel policy became an obvious way of ripping you off. They started charging close to 100 Euros for a full tank in a Corsa, but like Slarti says it's probably more than that now :evil:

Tigipaul
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Re: CAR HIRE and international driving license .

Post by Tigipaul » April 27th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Hello All
On the subject of car hire has anyone recently hire a car and had to produce this new international driving licence the press over in the UK have been talking about ??.

I remember the requirement of a DVLA
number as to check that you had no driving convictions or outstanding fines ,so that the car hire company could check you out . I did this and the car hire people dismissed it !
I have hired cars for last 2 years in Minorca and other Spanish regions and never asked about it.
Is this yet another press hype .
Will be in Es castell beginning of July. :???: 🙄

Paul

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » April 30th, 2019, 5:39 pm

ASFAIK while ever we are members of the EU nothing except a current driving licence is required, if in doubt ask the car hire co you have booked with.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Mirador
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Mirador » April 30th, 2019, 10:22 pm

I've always printed a copy off but never once been asked for it.
Neil

All people have the ability to light up a room, some when they enter and some when they leave.

Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Sue Adderley » May 1st, 2019, 2:47 pm

We hired a car at Easter with Menorca on Wheels and there was no mention of it. It's all Brexit hype at the moment! :evil:

SonBouSymey
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by SonBouSymey » May 9th, 2019, 11:55 am

As we approach the period whereby anything could happen Brexit wise then I for one will be getting an International license. Not exactly expensive and covers backside for the highly possible scenario that we may actually leave EU this year ( with no deal hopefully :grin: ) WHILST I am in Menorca.