moving to calan porter

shaunmyles

moving to calan porter

Post by shaunmyles » September 8th, 2019, 10:54 am

hi, my wife sue and I hopefully next year will be moving to calan porter. still looking for an house at the moment. would appreciate any advice on moving, ie do we leave cars at home in uk or export them. is moving our goods from uk easy and what expense. taking our dog. is calan porter open in winter and is there a british community we could join, clubs etc to make friends. any advice or feed back will be appreciated... shaun

SusieH

Re: moving to calan porter

Post by SusieH » September 8th, 2019, 3:49 pm

Hi shaun and welcome to the site :finga:

I've moved your post into this forum - it will give you almost everything you need to know about moving to the island and more. Have a good read of the posts and if there's still something you need to know just ask.
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: moving to calan porter

Post by Sunseaker » September 10th, 2019, 6:33 pm

There are plenty of ex pats living in CnP all year round, I'f you take your car over you have to register it and change the number plate to a Spanish one, Monarch were the only airline to fly pets from the UK but they are no longer with us, you could drive down with the dog and then change the reg plate, at the end of the season there are plenty of car hire company's that sell off the cars that are a few years old.
I only let him think he's in charge.