Resort Developments

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Son Bou, San Jamie and Torri Soli resort area.
Sue Adderley
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Resort Developments

Post by Sue Adderley » January 9th, 2020, 10:19 pm

Hi

Returned last week from a gorgeous sunny 10 day festive break on the island :cool:

We didn't actually have a walk along the beach and around the resort until the final day. Unusually for the time of year, Compostella restaurant was still open :shock: (no-one in there though) and had a board outside that read 'open every day'. The little bakery was also open during the day, as it has been, off-season, for the past few years now and I know that Es Forn was open for lunch and dinner at weekends. However, there were some interesting developments underway at Boni's and the Mojito nightclub next door, which are basically having their interiors demolished :eek:

We know that Motin, who ran Boni Indian, has left the resort and is opening in Mahon harbour. We had heard a rumour that Boni senior, who owned both properties and rented them out, was thinking of selling up to the guy who owns the Royal Son Bou Hotel. Apparently, the plan was then to divide the 2 properties into several smaller units for rental as restaurants/bars/shops etc. So it appears that this may well be underway as we speak! However, I really don't know how the new owner is going to get on with renting these places out to new businesses, especially as there are already a load of empty units below the Hawaiian bar. Also, not sure whether the local council will allow more than 2 new bars or restaurants (recalling the Mrs Brown's bar disaster of a few years ago :shock: ).

Anyway, the beach was as lovely as ever and they obviously haven't seen much rain of late (we didn't have a drop), as the 'duck pond' hadn't made its way down to the sea, like it usually does at this time of year! :grin:

Sue :partyman:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Resort Developments

Post by Sunseaker » January 9th, 2020, 11:31 pm

:grin: Thanks for reporting back Sue, :grin:
I only let him think he's in charge.

RetiringEarly
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by RetiringEarly » January 11th, 2020, 12:07 am

Interesting news. Thanks! I heard that the owners of Compostella did not open their other enterprise in Mahon this winter and so decided to keep the Son Bou restaurant open through the winter for any locals or building workers who might use it. It was pretty empty most of the time I was there in December.

SonBouSymey
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by SonBouSymey » January 27th, 2020, 4:53 pm

Good to have a recent update. I have spoken to Motin who confirms the move etc.

The transformation of Boni etc is a ' do not hold yer breath ' moment I think. I agree - all those potential units when others are left empty for SO long?

We have other plans this year so will not return until September so it will be interesting to monitor developments.

damouni
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by damouni » February 6th, 2020, 11:28 am

We have other plans this year so will not return until September so it will be interesting to monitor developments.
[/quote]

Pardon!
I hope you have a doctors note

SonBouSymey
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by SonBouSymey » February 13th, 2020, 5:43 pm

damouni wrote:
February 6th, 2020, 11:28 am
Pardon!
I hope you have a doctors note
[/quote]

Apologies, only just seen this. I will forward relevant paperwork to Knightsbridge for your approval. :grin:

We have ' done September' quite a few times before and found it a really good time of the year. Flights considerably cheaper too. Us pensioners cannot afford to spend weeks on end there like you sun worshippers!!!! :rolleyes: Joking aside. It will make a change.