Shop report

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
kieronf
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Shop report

Post by kieronf » March 20th, 2020, 4:35 pm

Rather than have a wasted journey when you need something, perhaps it might be an idea to have a 'sticky' shop report to highlight stock levels and how busy/quiet particular shops are.

Lidl, Mahon 3pm. Plenty of everything, gloves supplied at the door, staff wearing masks and gloves. Extremely quiet, only ten customers max.

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Shop report

Post by watta » March 20th, 2020, 4:46 pm

Good idea and thanks. :finga:

Alan
:cool:
:supz: :dream: :c9: :finga:

Not this year now, but next, hopefully.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » April 2nd, 2020, 7:13 pm

Friend living in es castell tells me that there is not and never has been any shortage of anything for the whole time he's been forced to talk to his wife. Are there shortages elsewhere in Menorca?

Also watching a guy on YouTube, Spain speak I think it's called, who lives in Madrid also says that there is no shortage except beer is getting low in places :jozza:
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » April 2nd, 2020, 8:42 pm

As far as I can see there is and has not been a shortage of anything in any of the food shops around Es Castell or Mahon since before lockdown or after. In fact I would say the opposite in some shops. Lidl seems to have massive amounts of stock, although I don’t buy their meat, I save that for the Spar in Es Castell. As you walk in the door of all shops you have to put gloves on, which are provided. All checkouts have screens for the cashiers. All staff have face masks on and probably 70% of customers are wearing face masks. I haven’t seen any shortage of beer or any other drinks, in any of my cupboards :jozza: :lol:
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"