Banca March

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Banca March

Post by Shuggie » November 21st, 2019, 11:01 pm

I was in Banca March in Es Castell on Tuesday and discovered they are closing this branch and Sant Lluis on 20th December. All business is being transferred to the Mahon branch......well pissed off, might just change bank.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Banca March

Post by Shuggie » December 23rd, 2019, 10:44 pm

Enough is enough. Es Castell has closed and the cash point has gone, same in Sant Lluis. I went to the cash point at the out of town Banca March in Mahon on Thursday and the machine was out of order. So I went to Santander and the withdrawal cost me €2. Yesterday I had € 5 in my pocket and was going out to lunch. I went to the cash point at the top of Cala Fons, which is Banca March, out of order :twisted: Today I went into Mahon and the Banca March cash point in the old fruit market was out of order. So I went into the main Banca March in Mahon today and lost it....told them I was closing my account as I can’t withdraw money for free.......unbelievable they agreed it was the best thing I could do. Adios Banca March !!!!
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » December 23rd, 2019, 11:55 pm

That's a shame Shuggie, and as I am a retired senior Banker, I personally would either call or write in strong terms to the following:-

Customer Service Department

Mrs. María del Mar Mainzer Estarellas.
Address: Av. Alexandre Rosselló nº8 (07002 – Palma de Mallorca)
Email: atencion_cliente@bancamarch.es
Catalonia Region Customers: 900 102 132

Ombudsman

Mr. José Luis Gómez-Dégano y Ceballos-Zúñiga
Domicilio: C/ Raimundo Fernández Villaverde, 61, 8ª Derecha (28003 – Madrid)
Apartado de Correos 14019, (28080 – Madrid)
Email: oficina@defensorcliente.es

Hope this helps, but this seems very similar to the attitude of UK Banks as well. :evil:

Alan
:cool:
:supz: :dream: :c9: :finga:

Not this year now, but next, hopefully.

RetiringEarly
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by RetiringEarly » December 25th, 2019, 2:09 am

This is a shame to read. When I first bought my property in 2016 I was introduced to BM and Sylvia has always been helpful, efficient and friendly. I rarely use an ATM as I do most payments on my BM Debit Card or Caxton. I only hope that there is not something more alarming going on! Feliz Navidad!

TrentEnd
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by TrentEnd » February 19th, 2020, 8:51 am

The Banca March hole in the wall in Es Castell swallowed my wife's card yesterday and my wife has just been in to our new branch in Mahon to be told that it's brocken and is not going to be replaced. No branch and now no cash point in Es Castell it seems.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » February 19th, 2020, 3:42 pm

:sad:
I only let him think he's in charge.

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » February 19th, 2020, 4:40 pm

I changed to Caixa Bank in Es Castell and so far they have been really good. It used to take upto 24hrs, sometimes more, to transfer money from the UK to Banca March. I did a transfer a few days ago into Caixa and it took 9 seconds to arrive.

Marysal
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Marysal » February 19th, 2020, 7:52 pm

I have been with Le Caixa in Es Castell since we bought our place in Sol del zests four years ago superb service my TransferWise transfers from the Uk take seconds!

18jsm
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by 18jsm » February 19th, 2020, 8:40 pm

TransferWise are introducing direct debits with some of their € accounts, perhaps we are well on the way to not having to use a Spanish bank account....let’s hope so
John

Boycie
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Boycie » February 20th, 2020, 11:23 pm

I am also with Caixa bank while they have been good they have reduced the maintenance charge by half for me. But they have closed the branch in Calan Porter last year, They installed an ATM which as never worked well it still wasn't last Oct. I wouldn't mind the branch being closed if the ATM worked.
Always on my way to Menorca