Builders, tilers, gardeners

Questions relating to buying or owning a property. Moving to Menorca Sub-forum: moving to, or living and working on Menorca
LPN

Builders, tilers, gardeners

Post by LPN » September 12th, 2018, 10:52 am

Any recommendations for reliable and affordable builders, tilers, and some to quote on re-doing a garden?

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Builders, tilers, gardeners

Post by Slartibartfast » September 13th, 2018, 12:42 pm

What part of the island are we looking at? I know a good gardener based in the south east of the Island but not sure how far he will travel. I can also recommend a builder. He is not cheap, but the quality of his advice and work is 100% A tight Yorkshire man I know will not use any other builder.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

beachstroller
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by beachstroller » September 19th, 2018, 6:46 pm

...your location is important as traders will very often not cross into "other people's patches"

Marysal
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Marysal » September 21st, 2018, 7:48 pm

I am looking for a tiler in Sol del Este

HarrisonMatata

Post by HarrisonMatata » February 2nd, 2020, 10:22 pm

Hi

Interested in finding a decent gardener in the Binibeca area. Not just for basic pruning and watering but also someone who might have an eye for a gardening strategy - might be useful to also have a builder alongside as need to maybe do a bit of digging renovation to help with the garden strategy,

Many thanks in advance

H

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » February 2nd, 2020, 11:44 pm

PM’d some contacts to you,
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Shumba

Post by Shumba » February 3rd, 2020, 10:36 am

Hi

Can anyone recommend a reliable, decent, English speaking builder in the San Lluis/Binibeca area please?

Many thanks.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » February 3rd, 2020, 3:28 pm

We always recommend Iri who is a Menorcan builder who speaks perfect English, he's not the cheapest but his work is excellent, we used him a couple of times when we lived in Menorca. We have a friend who has a holiday home in Alayor and wont use anyone else,

Phone +34 670558102
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

tryingforaneasylife

Post by tryingforaneasylife » February 14th, 2020, 11:05 am

Hi All,

Apologies for jumping in on this thread - especially to "HarrisonMatata"
"Interested in finding a decent gardener in the Binibeca area. Not just for basic pruning and watering but also someone who might have an eye for a gardening strategy - might be useful to also have a builder alongside as need to maybe do a bit of digging renovation to help with the garden strategy,"

We have owned in the Sant Lluis area for over 13 years, have just bought a buidable plot, having sold our previous home there, and about to start construction. We have a plot of about 2000m2, we are also loooking for decent gardener/landscape gardener, somebody that can plan and "knows" plants etc. - reliable and year round work.

FYI -Have gone through 4 gardeners in our time - seem to just like mowing the lawn and pruning - year round ontracts, but they were always surprised, when we turn up at the house unannounced. i.e.they were not attending year round.

Thanks in adavance.
CR.