WiFi Installation

Sponsored by El Faros restaurant. Accommodation & Restaurant info for Binibequer, Cala Torret and Binissafuller area.
jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

WiFi Installation

Post by jhold » July 19th, 2021, 7:04 pm

Hi all. Wondering if anyone might have some advice. We’re looking to get an internet connection/WiFi installed in our apartment in Cala Torret. Does anyone know which company we could ask? We don’t have a wired Ethernet connection in the apartment, but we do have a tv arial and apparently that would suffice to get the signal. Any help would be great. Have a nice evening!

RetiringEarly
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: WiFi Installation

Post by RetiringEarly » July 20th, 2021, 8:09 am

Hi. I use fibralink which are based in Mao and get a very good service including British TV chanels if required.

Shuggie
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Shuggie » July 20th, 2021, 9:26 am

You won’t get an internet signal through your TV Ariel. There are 2 ways to receive internet to the home. Conventional wire or fibre optic or via a microwave line of sight antenna on your roof. Fibre optic is now very common in even the some remote places. It is very fast, I get about 380mbps but you will need to sign up to a year around contract. I used to be with Fibralink and they offer the line of sight antenna option at various speeds. You’ll needs at least 3mbps to stream video or tv. They did offer a temporary contract so you can turn it off and on as you need it. I think mine cost about €36 per month when I used them.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

jhold
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by jhold » August 30th, 2021, 3:32 pm

I ended up going with Infotelecom, who connected using the antenna. This was the only way to connect in Cala Torret apparently. I did have to get a full-time contract, but as you mentioned, we can pay a much smaller amount per month when we decide to disconnect it when we're not there.

TCLEAVER
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by TCLEAVER » September 1st, 2021, 10:51 am

Hi - just reading this thread with interest as I am researching internet options. It looks to me that Infotelecom offer the most cost effective options, but I was wondering if anyone had experience of their service in terms of reliability of connection, speed, customer service etc. TIA.