The mystery of Andres’ ex-El Faro) new restaurant in Binibeca Vell

Sponsored by El Faros restaurant. Accommodation & Restaurant info for Binibequer, Cala Torret and Binissafuller area.
bini-lizard
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

The mystery of Andres’ ex-El Faro) new restaurant in Binibeca Vell

Post by bini-lizard » August 2nd, 2018, 5:13 pm

Everyone seems to know the family who ran El Faro, we all know them as lovely people, nobody has a bad word for them.

Loads of us were watching out for where Andres Jnr. was setting up so we can go there. My neighbours never visited El Faro before but really like the new place. It’s not been open long yet has 28 tripadvisor reviews all 5 star. Here’s the mystery, Every time I walk past it in the last couple of weeks the place is either empty or at best has 1 table occupied lunchtime or evening yet all the eateries on the main drag are rammed, they even queue for tables at Sa Masclera.

It is different from El Faro but I’d love to know why it’s not busy and I hope me posting this by sods law means things will pick up.

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The mystery of Andres’ ex-El Faro) new restaurant in Binibeca Vell

Post by Sunseaker » August 4th, 2018, 10:50 am

:sad: Maybe it's because it's a new place, I do hope they do well as Andreas jnr is as hard working as his mum and dad, we will be paying them a visit beginning of September and hopefully it will be a bit busier.
I only let him think he's in charge.

lorelai
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Re: The mystery of Andres’ ex-El Faro) new restaurant in Binibeca Vell

Post by lorelai » August 8th, 2018, 3:23 pm

I think you've sort of hit the nail on the head with 'the main drag thing'. It's not exactly the most desirable position physically, sort of tucked around the side of the supermarket, no view of the sea or anything, I just think people won't know about it or will prefer somewhere more bustling/with a sea view. I do hope it all picks up for him.