Hotel Xuroy

Accommodation & Restaurant info for S'Algar and Cala Alcaufar resort area.
Torre-soli-sid
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Hotel Xuroy

Post by Torre-soli-sid » August 7th, 2016, 10:58 pm

After many years of using the Alcaufar beach and having drinks and snacks at the bar of the sweet little Xuroy, I introduced myself to the "senior" owner who I have noticed every year since 2004. Obviously a family business he pointed out his son who helps him run the place and showed me the framed picture on the wall of his own father who started the business. I would love to stay there but when you have your own place on the island seems a waste of money really, but it all looks so cute. See you next October.

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hotel Xuroy

Post by Slartibartfast » August 8th, 2016, 10:08 am

You could try a weekend there for a change of scenery and enjoy a few beers without the worry of having to drive, just the worry of staggering back to your room :partyman:
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

JacquiP
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JacquiP » August 9th, 2016, 3:52 pm

We live on the island and last December treated ourselves to a few nights away in the Capri Hotel in Mahon, it was at the beginning of the Christmas Fair and it was lovely to enjoy Manon at night and not have to worry about drinking and driving as Slarti says. :grin:
When I'm good I'm very very good but when I'm bad I'm even better Image

Lizc
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Lizc » August 9th, 2016, 6:10 pm

That's the life :mrgreen:

Jack Regan
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by Jack Regan » August 24th, 2016, 5:41 pm

We've been here many times over the years. I've been told that the Xuroy was the first tourist hotel on the island, that is the first to be involved with the package trade.

The older gentleman is Sr Parpal - I might not have the spelling right. As has been said, he's the second generation of the family to run the hotel. The younger man - Miguel - is his son-in-law. He's married to Cati, Sr Parpal's daughter, and so the third generation to run the hotel. They have three kids, I think, so the business may go on to be run by the fourth generation of the family.

I understand that the bridge over the landward end of the beach was to take people to a purpose built resort owned by some English firm, but I can't recall the name. If anyone has any further info I'd like to hear it. Great that whatever was to be built, wasn't built!

We were over twice last year but haven't yet made it this one, though I can feel the island calling!

All the best.

Jack