Cala Corb Walkway

Accommodation & Restaurant info Mahon, Es Castell, Cala Mesquida and Es Grau.
peterread543@bt
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Re: Cala Corb Walkway

Post by peterread543@bt » November 20th, 2020, 10:45 am

Does anyone know if there has been much progress with the walkway, I saw an article in the local rag that the council was going to make a new path from Fort Phillipe to Es Castell to join the coastal path to Mahon. I am getting more optimistic that a visit may happen next summer or autumn, I can only day dream of a sunny walk along the cliff tops and around the harbour.
pete

Shuggie
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by Shuggie » November 20th, 2020, 11:56 am

There is zero progress joining the missing part of the walkway at Cala Corb, but they are on the water every day with divers fixing mooring points. Last time I was in the port office asking when it would be finished I got the usual shrug of the shoulders and hands in the air. They are waiting to hear from Madrid about how they are allowed to finish it, either construction as it is or wooden walkway. My mooring is on the bit that's missing so I really hope its finished by Easter 21.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

peterread543@bt
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by peterread543@bt » June 12th, 2021, 6:59 pm

I was wondering if any progress had been made on the walkway, as I'm still hopeful for a holiday in late Sept.
pete

Shuggie
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by Shuggie » June 12th, 2021, 7:25 pm

Zero progress and the port office has absolutely no idea when there will be any progress. It will be exactly as it was the last time you saw it.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

peterread543@bt
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by peterread543@bt » June 12th, 2021, 7:40 pm

HA HA thanks Shuggie I can't say I'm surprised but that's the charm of Menorca !! Still hopeful for our Sept/Oct holiday. Thanks for all your reports it raises my sprits just dreaming of a couple of weeks in my favourite town on Menorca.
pete

Marysal
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Marysal » June 12th, 2021, 8:27 pm

I did walk the bit they have finished last week and it is very pleasant not much left to finish really just wish they could get on with it ?

TrentEnd
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by TrentEnd » December 14th, 2021, 5:57 pm

Progress Report.
Nothing to report.
This project was due to be completed this year but, following GOB's objections, I fear this may go the way of the Carretera General (ME-1), nowhere for years!
My understanding is that the original plan was to build it in concrete from the Hamilton to Cala Corb and build the Cala Corb part in wood, similar to Cala Fons. The change of plan to build it all in concrete seems to be where 'the wheels came off'. I wonder how long it will take them to say, OK we've now got an approximate 70 metre gap in Cala Corb which we'll go back to the original plan and finish in wood.

Have just copied my post from December 2019.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tigipaul
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by Tigipaul » January 24th, 2022, 2:56 pm

Thinking the other day about Cala fonts walkway and noticed in the Menorca news two recent items about the delays and the time it's taken for a decision to be made in 2 years since it was stopped !.

I wonder when the outcome will be made about the construction method and finally the actual restart of construction .
A bets on start date ?!

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » Yesterday, 3:04 pm

12th of Never? :yawinkle: