Cala Corb Walkway

Accommodation & Restaurant info Mahon, Es Castell, Cala Mesquida and Es Grau.
peterread543@bt
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Re: Cala Corb Walkway

Post by peterread543@bt » February 14th, 2020, 8:29 pm

I am pleased this will be completed by the summer we visit Es Castell every year and have thought a walkway from cala fonts to cala corb would be a very good idea. The restaurants by the Hamilton ,Ana Lousia and the Grill suffer from the lack of passing trade and this could change that, as both are very good. Also it will open up the town with a picturesque walkway along the harbour and encourage people away from the tourist traps on the front. I resisted the phrase new life to cala corb as it may be misconstrued as a joke !! :
pete

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » February 15th, 2020, 5:42 pm

Exactly my thoughts too , glad they are going to finish it off . 👍
Paul

the mad buyer
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by the mad buyer » February 16th, 2020, 11:07 am

It also may encourage people to visit the bars and restaurants in other parts of the town. I can’t believe the amount of people that only visit the Fons and are unaware that so many places exist elsewhere in Es Castell
Stories are like fairy gold, the more you give away, the more you have

peterread543@bt
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by peterread543@bt » May 13th, 2020, 8:16 pm

This is an interesting development from GOB who have been opposing construction projects on the island, the walkway may well be built after all. I don't think I will see it this year but you never know!!!!
https://www.menorca.info/menorca/local/ ... overn.html this has been needed for years
pete

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » May 28th, 2020, 8:32 pm

There is a little bit of working tracking place at the moment. I was on the water today and 2 guys on ropes were working on the cliff face above the new walkway. I hope this is a sign that progress on building will resume soon. Also the new stretch from the slip down from Fontanilles past the Agamemnon is looking almost complete and is being worked on.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » May 29th, 2020, 7:02 am

Shuggie,
I was surprised that you say the new walkway goes past Fontallies and past the Agamenon Hotel I didn't realise the walkway was planned to go that far, or is it and add on .
I look forward to seeing all this, when the time is right , something to look forward to.
Any chance of a photo of this stretch by someone who passes that way ??.

Excited.. Mr Tigi....... (and that's not that often nowadays)! 🤔😁😁

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » May 29th, 2020, 8:28 am

The long term plan is to take the walkway from Calas Fonts all the way to Port Mahon. If this ever happens is debatable, but the idea is fantastic. It means the whole of Cala Fonduco and Cala Figuera will be regenerated with moorings all round that part of the coast line. Imagine being able to walk from Es Castell into Mahon along that path. I’m Sure GOB will have something to say about it though. As soon as they get the Cala Corb bit finished I’ll have my mooring.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well kept body, but to be in God's waiting room, beer in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!"

Tigipaul
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Tigipaul » May 29th, 2020, 9:28 am

Shuggie , many thanks for that info , yes I can see the sense to the walkway through to Fonduco and the regeneration it will bring in the future .
I suppose we will have to wait and see what the future brings !!.
Cala Corb will be a good mooring place too .
Paul

peterread543@bt
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by peterread543@bt » May 29th, 2020, 6:47 pm

Thanks Shuggie, that's good news. Its a shame that most people think that Es Castell is just Calas Fonts and there is no town worth visiting. Es Castell is so busy and vibrant in the season. We visit in October when a lot of tourist traps have closed and its even better with the locals. I hope it brings trade to the town with people strolling along the water front and venturing into the town. Just had our June holiday cancelled but still hopeful for October to watch the wonders of the bird migration.
pete

Shuggie
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Shuggie » May 30th, 2020, 8:15 pm

Few pictures from today of the new walkway in front of the Agamenon hotel.
20200530_125228.jpg
20200530_125302.jpg
20200530_125318.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shuggie on May 30th, 2020, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.