my review......

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Arenal d'en Castell, Na Macaret, Coves Noves and Port Addaya resort area.
carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Re: my review......

Post by carben » August 19th, 2009, 7:50 pm

I feel that we need an ambassador, Discodolly or ladyrose come to mind, to tell the Balearic Government where they are going wrong. They seem to miss the
opportunity to get things right. Families want a relaxing time, if the children are happy so are the parents. Playgrounds, somewhere to go if it rains, night time entertainment etc . They could revamp the Lladro place, put a couple of bowling alleys in Arenal and Santo Tomas, a little fun fair (nothing over the top like Blackpool Pleasure beach but a few rides for the little ones.)
We don't want the feeling that we are being blatently ripped off all the time (we don't mind paying a little extra while we are away but there is a limit).
It won't stop me going to Menorca but I can see why people are choosing to go elsewhere. It makes me so sad :cry:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » August 19th, 2009, 8:57 pm

We as residents completely agree with you all have to say,in fact when you live here it gets more up your nose than all the tourists that visit. :twisted:
We see even more of this kind of thing than you guys do and it makes our blood boil. :twisted:
Do you know that we guys who live here are called Giddy's?
One price for the locals another for US GIDDY'S. :evil:
It is defiantly not paranoia.
In fact a couple of weeks ago myself Sunseeker and Uncle Bert's wife went to the night market in Alaior.
There was no price on a particular bag we all liked.
But we all knew that as soon as any of us asked the price it would go UP!!!!!!
Now that is not right in any mans Language!!!!! :twisted:
But it is the way it is and if we want to remain living here then we need to accept that. :roll:
OR LIVE IN A PERPETUAL ARGUMENT ON EVERY THING?
(WHICH I personally am very good at now :wink: :lol: )
It really is time someone stood up to speak for the tourists but,,,,,,we won't get very far as we are.
The folks here call the tourists today's bread tomorrow's starvation.
Sorry for the rant but it is not very often I speak my mind.

DebC
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by DebC » August 19th, 2009, 9:18 pm

I completely agree with everything all the above have said and i find it very sad that others feel they have to look to holiday elsewhere because Arenal for whatever reason no longer has that special something.We have been coming to Arenal for about 15 years and have also noticed the decline in visitors and have fond memories of previous holidays when we had plenty of choice of restaraunts and evening entertainment.How much of this is due to economic climates I'm not sure but I hope Arenal survives as a resort as I for one will always want to go there.

bigal29
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by bigal29 » August 20th, 2009, 9:56 am

It would help if the english residents spoke Spanish.

debg
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by debg » August 20th, 2009, 3:30 pm

Perhaps that is the answer, a face lift???

I agree there was an improvement to the bins this year, they used to spill over and were really smelly!!

elainerobinson
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Post by elainerobinson » August 20th, 2009, 4:44 pm

I have been visiting Arenal since 1980 and yes there have been changes some for the better and some not but I like Hilare will return until I drop. There is something special about Arenal that you just don't get in other places. We have visited many other places and had wonderful holidays but our hearts belong to Arenal. Our babies have become teenagers and adults but still they want to come. It's just got that 'magic something'.... roll on 2010 !

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » August 20th, 2009, 5:01 pm

I think the best way to make yourself heard as a dissatisfied tourist is to vote with your feet and choose an alternative holiday destination. If no one visited the island they would soon see us as more than necessary evil to be tolerated. :twisted:
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » August 20th, 2009, 8:39 pm

Does that mean you ain't coming back Jan? :lol:

carben
7 Star supporter
7 Star supporter

Post by carben » August 20th, 2009, 8:58 pm

I'll never stop going to Menorca while I can breath but I want the island to be successful, I want tourists to visit, I wouldn't bother if there was only us on the beach but because it's so beautiful I want to share it. I want the local's to make a decent living. Aggggahhhhh! It makes me soooooooooooooo angry.

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » August 21st, 2009, 8:18 am

bigal29 wrote:It would help if the english residents spoke Spanish.
And who is to say we don't :???: