The best Resturants in Arenal D'En Castell

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Arenal d'en Castell, Na Macaret, Coves Noves and Port Addaya resort area.
emmabroadhurst

Re: The best Resturants in Arenal D'En Castell

Post by emmabroadhurst » September 22nd, 2008, 2:27 pm

We have just returned from Arenal with our one year old daughter. We ate at Sa Gavina twice with our daughter in the evening. She isn't the quietest of little girls but it wasn't causing anyone any bother. On our 3rd visit, we entered the restaurant and just before we sat at the table I think he is called Fernando, came over and said we weren't welcome as our daughter was too noisy and the boss didn't like the noise! So, in full view of everyone we had to leave. This restaurant claims to be child friendly. If your child likes to have fun, express themselves or is a bit noisy, then do not go hear. Also the food isn't that great and the service is rude, its cheap thats all. Go to La Paella on the beach, the food is fantastic and they are very good with children.

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » September 22nd, 2008, 3:03 pm

Sorry you had such a bad experience there emma. It is difficult to keep little ones quiet at the best of times. Maybe someone complained. :sad:
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

julesk
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by julesk » September 22nd, 2008, 3:40 pm

That's a bit shocking in a family resort like Arenal! :shock:
Jules

Tramontana Appts,Playa de Fornells - June 2001
Villa, S'Albufera - June 2003
Villa, Addaia - May 2007
Villa, Addaia - August 2008

solisla
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by solisla » September 22nd, 2008, 6:58 pm

emmabroadhurst wrote:We have just returned from Arenal with our one year old daughter. We ate at Sa Gavina twice with our daughter in the evening. She isn't the quietest of little girls but it wasn't causing anyone any bother. On our 3rd visit, we entered the restaurant and just before we sat at the table I think he is called Fernando, came over and said we weren't welcome as our daughter was too noisy and the boss didn't like the noise! So, in full view of everyone we had to leave. This restaurant claims to be child friendly. If your child likes to have fun, express themselves or is a bit noisy, then do not go hear. Also the food isn't that great and the service is rude, its cheap thats all. Go to La Paella on the beach, the food is fantastic and they are very good with children.
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Sagi's, it isn't the first time that I have read about bad experiences such as this but on the whole the staff and management are quite attentive. My Mum and Dad went there a couple of years back and they found the food and service excellent and they are quite high maintenance customers :roll:

It can't have been all bad it was going to be your third meal there.

Kate (I think thats her name) has a few mood swings now and again. :lol:
If you can't laugh at yourself rest assured someone else will do it for you !

Jesse
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Jesse » September 23rd, 2008, 5:47 pm

I am sorry to hear about what happened. We have only been there for lunch with our three children and never had anything but a warm welcome. I guess it is different in the evenings but still...
It is never too late to give up.

scottyboy
2 Star Supporter
2 Star Supporter

Post by scottyboy » September 27th, 2008, 8:49 pm

I feel that i have to defend the sa gavina a little as i know that they don't use this forum and haven't had the chance to put their side forward.I know someone who was in the resteraunt on the night you were asked to leave (a holiday maker) and were also in one night that you were in eating.The night you were eating several people complained about the noise to the managment and one gentelman actually left....this is why you would have been told you couldn't sit down....I am in no way saying that you were wrong or you weren't miss treated , i was not there, but i think that if enough customers comment on something then the resteraunt have to be pro active and do what they feel best for overall customer satisfaction.

I feel sorry for Fernando as i know him personally and i know that he wouldn't have liked telling someone with a child that they couldn't sit down.He used to work with kids on the mainland and he absolutely loves his little son.He of all people knows ,as i do,what it's like to have a little one in a resteraunt whos not on their best behaviour.As someone said on an earlier post Kate can have her moods (as anyone can working in height of season), but she also wouldn't have liked the whole situation and this decision would be strictly professional.

I hope this doesn't effect anyones decision on visiting the Sa Gavina as it really is a very good resteraunt.Unfortunately this seems to be an unfortunate incident for all partys involved

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » September 27th, 2008, 9:24 pm

Well we are all entitled to freedom of speech and this forum is to educate everyone good or bad on the situations they have found. :smile:
But good for you to come in and try to explain in defence of the owners. :smile:

JanSchofield
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by JanSchofield » September 27th, 2008, 10:25 pm

I agree with you Rose. There are 2 sides to every story. Very unhappy incident. :smile:
Feels good to be home :ele: :ele:

debg
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by debg » September 29th, 2008, 10:08 am

Farnando always makes such a fuss over all children in sa gavina, perhaps it could be the other chap who usually stays inside behind the bar making the drinks??????

Andy Bonner
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Andy Bonner » August 17th, 2009, 2:47 pm

The Good bridge cafe is the best :grin:
Andy B