port addaya

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Arenal d'en Castell, Na Macaret, Coves Noves and Port Addaya resort area.
cidersteve
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

port addaya

Post by cidersteve » July 25th, 2017, 7:24 pm

just had a very pleasant week in an apartment in the pinimar complex , very quiet village with a supermarket two restaurants in the village and one down the port area about 5 minutes walk down the hill . la cantina at the port was a bit of a disappointment , food was so so and felt uncomfortable in that the waiter seemed to want us to eat and go unlike the usual laid back menorcan way ,have holidayed in menorca for many years and this was the first time it has happened , however up in the village the two restaurants were brilliant.the corner bar was by far the best ,great sangria and tapas to die for , the menu was huge but with the specials was ample , the suckling pig and the lamb dishes were the highlight also highly recommend were the meatballs and menorcian prawns ,the taj just round the corner was a good old fashioned spanish restaurant , pizza , indian ,and plenty more , however the curries were great and the place was packed every night so they were doing something right , we often stayed for a few drinks afterwards and everyone seemed to enjoy their meals so whilst there was only 3 restaurants in town it was ample for a week.
1990 Cala Blanca
1991 Calan Porter
2009 S'Algar
2010 Santo Thomas
2011 Es Castell
2015 cala n Porter
2016 Es Castell
2017 Port Addaya
2018 Binibeca

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: port addaya

Post by Slartibartfast » July 26th, 2017, 10:52 am

Glad you had a great time. I like Addaia being quiet its ideal for a relaxing, battery recharge type holiday. I seriously considered moving there when we lived on Menorca.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

petert
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by petert » January 21st, 2019, 5:29 pm

We also like addaia and its relaxed atmosphere, but, does anyone live there out of the main summer season. I got the feeling that it could be similar to Santo Tomas, with no year round residents

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » January 22nd, 2019, 3:53 pm

I'm sure there are quite a few there was when we lived on Menorca. They had enough regulars at the Castillo for two darts teams, the darts league only played in winter.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)