Arenal 2018

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Arenal d'en Castell, Na Macaret, Coves Noves and Port Addaya resort area.
Arenalfan
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Arenal 2018

Post by Arenalfan » June 11th, 2018, 7:32 pm

A few changes this year. Captains Beto's which served craft beers and tapas last year has closed down and is lying empty. The Midnight Bar has changed its name to Midnight Taj, has changed its food to Indian food, and has a better selection of bottled beer this year. The original menu can still be got at the Backgammon Bar at Coves Noves. The Japi Bar which was closed last year has reopened as and Indian restaurant and if Indian food is your thing you have a choice of two now whereas there were none before. A decent new souvenir and gift shop has opened next to Midnight Taj with a good selection of goods. Bar 51 hasn't changed too much but again has a wider selection of bottled beers and a bit better entertainment.
The main places I've been eating at are Mirador, Good Bridge, Blue Arenal, Romani, Backgammon Bar, and Midnight Taj and no complaints from me.
Finally Blue Arenal has had a bit of a makeover and although I thought it was ok before its been money well spent.

SusieH

Re: Arenal 2018

Post by SusieH » June 12th, 2018, 4:42 pm

Thanks for reporting back :finga: :finga:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » September 13th, 2018, 1:52 pm

As I posted in my other topic in this forum, we went twice this year, once for an evening meal and again to spend the day there and really enjoyed it. We'll make a point of going again next year.
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

Annie41
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Annie41 » September 14th, 2018, 10:55 am

We visited in July this year for a couple of beach days. We parked in the Punta Grossa area and walked down to the beach which was beautiful. However the Snack bar was a bit disappointing and there were no other loos anywhere near! We are coming to Menorca in a couple of weeks for a long weekend and would like to visit the beach again but can anyone suggest a better place for lunch? Also are there any toilet facilities other than the Snack bar lol?!

Annie

Arenalfan
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by Arenalfan » September 17th, 2018, 8:06 pm

You'll get a decent lunch in any of the places I mentioned in my first post. However you won't find public loos at the beach as they're all connected to beach snack bar and restaurant/bars at the far side of the beach from where you were.

Annie41
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Annie41 » September 17th, 2018, 10:13 pm

Thank you - we will head over to the other side of the beach.

Kind regards Annie

dennis the menace
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by dennis the menace » September 23rd, 2018, 11:18 am

Annie41 wrote:
September 14th, 2018, 10:55 am
We visited in July this year for a couple of beach days. We parked in the Punta Grossa area and walked down to the beach which was beautiful. However the Snack bar was a bit disappointing and there were no other loos anywhere near! We are coming to Menorca in a couple of weeks for a long weekend and would like to visit the beach again but can anyone suggest a better place for lunch? Also are there any toilet facilities other than the Snack bar lol?!

Annie
Did you book with a tour company for your long weekend. Sounds great 😀

Annie41
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Annie41 » September 24th, 2018, 9:25 am

We booked through Easyjet Holidays. I haven't done this before but got a bargain! I booked about 2 weeks ago and the price has gone up by £200 so I am quite happy.

dennis the menace
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by dennis the menace » September 24th, 2018, 12:16 pm

Annie41 wrote:
September 24th, 2018, 9:25 am
We booked through Easyjet Holidays. I haven't done this before but got a bargain! I booked about 2 weeks ago and the price has gone up by £200 so I am quite happy.
I just paid £280 for 3 days in March for 2.