cala blanca

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santandria, Sa Caleta and Cala Blanca resort area.
woolieb
4 Star Supporter
4 Star Supporter

Re: cala blanca

Post by woolieb » July 24th, 2012, 9:42 pm

I am ashamed to say that my husband and i were talked into a change of holiday destination this year ans so we went to Portugal ,whilst it was nice we werenot impressed so glad toreport we will be back in Menorca before the end of the year .we wont be tempted to change again ,why change when you have found the perfect place . :rolleyes:

Slartibartfast
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Slartibartfast » July 24th, 2012, 11:16 pm

Nothing wrong with trying places new, we did many times but always came back to Menorca for a real relaxing holiday :razz:
I claim no responsibility for the following disclaimer.
All opinions are my wife's; I have none. (In my opinion.)

garyd
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by garyd » July 25th, 2012, 7:10 am

3 weeks an we will be there!!

ladyrose

Post by ladyrose » July 25th, 2012, 8:04 am

:grin: :grin:

garyd
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by garyd » August 5th, 2012, 9:36 am

8 more sleeps!!!last one in Hilton near EMA :barmy:

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » August 5th, 2012, 11:56 am

So you're getting a bit excited eh?! Night before flight at Hilton sounds very civilised- although bet you won't sleep!
Hope the packing goes well, say hi to Cala Blanca for me.
(Might get round to posting my report of our hol there before you go.... :tumble2: )

Trevx

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » August 5th, 2012, 3:17 pm

Have a good one Garyd. We're not jealous at all, it's lovely here....NOT!!! Say hi to Rich and Tony for me!!!

garyd
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by garyd » August 8th, 2012, 9:24 pm

Ha Ha ill be having a fair few late nights with Rich,but Tony ??? reminds me of Mo from Simpsons ,hes reet miserable :tongue: ill have a wobble to the dodgy bar with the high walls across the road also :lol: :oops:

garyd
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by garyd » August 28th, 2012, 9:22 am

Just got back yesterday,nice hol with temps very hot ,2xadults and 2xkids,jsut to give you an idea of the massive prices ,on a par or more with here ,fuel was 1.56 a ltre,we ate out every night ,niether of us drink alcohol, water at dinner kids maybe lemon/orange,starters/mains but no sweets,average was 49 euros a night ,then to a bar which was maybe another 25 for drinks/ices,factor in drinks/ices maybe a snack some lunches and it was knocking on the door of 100 a day!car was another 150 for 3 days,the drinks are tiny and rammed with ice for 2 euros ,the place is lovely and a wind down from a Florida hol but now becoming silly money.Florida car hire is £320 for 2 weeks!,meals are massive and dirt cheap ,im talking steaks ,with starters/sweets and unlimited drinks (free refills $2.35)that averages $42 a night (£24)yes thats ALL drinks all night,garages sell 60oz soft drinks for $0.60(£0.35)that is a bucket o soda!!then there is the mini golf/fair rides/car&bike nights/horse riding/masses to do at night,im struggling to find anything but eat at restaurant and go to a bar now in Cala Blanca,some good entertainment at Sagitario Hotel (Temptations/Supremes/Bingo/Wheel o fortune etc)an the prices at that Irish?? bar wow!!bowl of ice cream with 2 scoops in .......3.80 euros,might sound like a bitch n moan but i did know the prices before i went ,but it wont stop me saying it year after year ...Menorca is pricing itself out of the market,very few English there now ,mostly Spanish/Italian/French,who are maybe more tollerant of the daft prices,hey ho ive found another nice villa for rent on the coast road near Irish bar abouyt 800 mtrs to right,prob do that for 1 week next year,how much in total i hear you ask .....................,£1440 just spending money!! we indulge in USA and get through £900

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » August 28th, 2012, 6:18 pm

Speaking to one of the bar owners a few weeks ago he did say that it was mainly Spanish holiday makers in August - quelle horreur Spanish people in Spain!!! If you can give it a go earlier or later in the year, we've always found it brilliant and we'll be back for our 4th trip this year in September. Although I have to say that Blackpool it aint and entertainment is not it's strong point. Just how many times can we enjoy the "Temptations" at the Sagi? (brilliant as they are!!) We were in Portugal earlier in the year and eating out was very much cheaper and also the food in the supermarkets, possibly because it's on the mainland and all the stuff doesn't have to be shipped in. As you say, we all know that its a bit pricey but for us as a couple it's well worth it, for you with 2 kids it may be time for a change.