cala blanca

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santandria, Sa Caleta and Cala Blanca resort area.
ibroxidol
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

cala blanca

Post by ibroxidol » June 25th, 2012, 3:05 pm

we are thinking about going to cala blanca next year for a change.but we have heard lots of diferent veiws about the resort and now were not sure it would be great if someone could give us a honest opinion of the resort .i personally would luv anywhere in menorca but my husband is not so sure and iam ashamed to say that he who thinks hes in charge has been looking at other islands but he can forget that iam an menorca addict.any veiws would be a great help.

ladyrose

Re: cala blanca

Post by ladyrose » June 25th, 2012, 3:44 pm

everyone has there own personal tastes but,I prefer the other end of the island :grin:

trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Post by trevx » June 25th, 2012, 4:48 pm

We usually stay in CnP or Alaior for our main hol and have taken autumn breaks up the east end of the island (CnB, CnF). We tried Cala Blanca last autumn and liked it so we're going back this year. Our main reason for choosing it is it's closer to our favourite beaches and to Ciutadella; liked the shorter bus trip into town too, so we can both have an evening drink.

Having said that- all of Menorca is lovely and each side of the island has different but equal charm and beauty, so I'm just grateful when we're able to visit :grin:

Trevx

ps will be able to give an idea of what it's like in summer after our visit- it was v quiet last October.

ibroxidol
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by ibroxidol » June 26th, 2012, 1:22 pm

thanks but weve decided to stick to what we luv cala n bosch we will make a point of going to cala blanca to have a look around and maybe in the future we might stay there.

JOHNSTONE MATTHEWS
Bandwidth abuser
Bandwidth abuser

Post by JOHNSTONE MATTHEWS » June 26th, 2012, 1:34 pm

Ibrox

You know it makes sense. We were just talking about holidays on Sunday, and my sister-in-law said that having found a place we love (Cala n Bosc) why change.

Johnstone
one day,maybe
Cala n Bosc 15th -22nd June 2018
Cala n Bosc 8th-22nd September 2018

angelina66
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Post by angelina66 » July 5th, 2012, 11:30 am

We love Cala Blanca and usually stay at the Maribel, but it's less of a resort and more of a suburban area IMO. There really isn't a lot to do that isn't hotel based unless you want the beach and diving. I think my kids may have outgrown it for now and next time we may have to look at somewhere with a bit more action. C n B is great and just as easy to get a bus to Ciutadella so will be a hot contender unless someone can sell us on somewhere on the east side!

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » July 6th, 2012, 3:56 pm

Just back from Cala Blanca today. It was really busy. We go there 2 or three times a year and really like it. Very friendly and easy going, not suitable for older kids or teenagers. Not a lot for them to do there. Oh joy, the Blarney Stone has started doing snacks. They are excellent too.

We've been to a lot of resorts on the island but keep going back to CBlanca. It's a nice walk into Ciutadella but as a previous correspondent said it's a personal thing. We don't like the other end of the island at all!!!

sunfun
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by sunfun » July 6th, 2012, 6:03 pm

We were at cala blanca last year,late sep/early oct and loved it as well. We were really lucky with the weather too.
It was a great base for walking and also getting buses.
However,we are trying cala en porter this year and hopefully we will love it even more! :grin:

glensibs
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by glensibs » July 6th, 2012, 6:18 pm

At least it's near the airport!!!

We've been there, it's nice. Good for toning the thighs if you want to go up and down the steps to the beach!!

sunfun
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by sunfun » July 7th, 2012, 1:12 pm

:lol: I want the thighs toned up before we go!
That won't be a problem as we don't sunbathe on the beach...quite happy lazing around the pool,although we will go for a walk and see it.Maybe even have a paddle.
Yes,nice and near the airport,which is great to just jump in a taxi and be there quickly.
The sooner the better! :grin: