Hotel Princesa Playa - late september

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Cala'n Bosc, Son Xoriguer and Cap d'Artrutx area.
jane160
1 Star Supporter
1 Star Supporter

Hotel Princesa Playa - late september

Post by jane160 » November 3rd, 2021, 11:59 am

This review is a few weeks after my Return - went to Princesa Playa for a week on my own. Used to go with my husband for many years but i am sadly now widowed. I am a nervous flyer but got my big girl knickers on and got on with it!
Had a lovely week, lots of swimming and relaxing and managed to read 3 books. Hotel is spotless with hand sanitizer stations in all public areas. Food was good, maybe not as much choice as usual but you'd be hard pressed to not find anything you didn't like.
Hotel staff are so lovely and friendly. Got a lovely room overlooking the pool so was able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the view.
I hired a car for the week, first time for me driving in Menorca and it was fine. Wouldn't hesitate to return on my own. Felt very safe and rested. :grin:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hotel Princesa Playa - late september

Post by Sunseaker » November 3rd, 2021, 5:54 pm

:grin: Many thanks for your review, and well done you going on your own and driving too, sorry for the loss of your husband, but so glad you got away.
I only let him think he's in charge.

Rickse28
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by Rickse28 » November 8th, 2021, 5:29 pm

Great to get your info. I did a quick check to find out where the hotel was situated - down by Cap d'Artrux, I discovered. Sorry to hear about your personal circumstances. Life goes on, and I am sure your late husband wanted you to take a holiday. It must have been interesting to do your own driving! I never felt Menorca to be challenging as somewhere to hire a car with its low traffic density - it must have been really quiet when you were there. Many thanks!

Gorson
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by Gorson » November 12th, 2021, 11:23 am

Apparently Cap/Calan Bosch was busier than the hotels expected this year. Many restaurants/bars/shops and hotels were closed though so I expect it was a pretty quiet holiday for those that went.

Hope more businesses open next year - perhaps forgivable this year but long term doesn't do much good for Menorca if people come to a resort and find that nothing is open.