Am I travelling?

Accommodation & Restaurant info for Cala Galdana.
davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Re: Am I travelling?

Post by davethebirder » May 26th, 2020, 9:17 pm

Unlucky Dennis. So they cancelled with nearly a month to go. Hope other members see this, as there have been a lot of enquiries in other forums on this site who think they may have a chance of a holiday in the next couple of months.

All the best with your refunds

Dave

ireay
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by ireay » May 28th, 2020, 5:26 pm

dennis the menace wrote:
May 26th, 2020, 8:49 pm
Flight cancelled. Let's hope my September visit will go ahead. Now I gotta get a deposit back from Travel Republic and airfare from Jet2.
Jet2 were excellent regarding our refund. Received an email as soon as flights were stopped followed by another a week before we were due to fly offering a voucher or amendment followed by a call the next day offering the same or refund. We opted for a refund which hit my account within the week. Didn’t go for an Amendment as we weren’t sure of a suitable date and vouchers were only valid for 6 months which back in April didn’t really seem viable

ireay
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by ireay » May 28th, 2020, 5:29 pm

Should reread the threads I’d already posted this info :oops:

davethebirder
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by davethebirder » May 28th, 2020, 6:49 pm

Never mind Ireay, it's getting to all of us!

Dave

dennis the menace
3 Star Supporter
3 Star Supporter

Post by dennis the menace » September 24th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Well I should of been staying in the Premier inn at Stanstead airport this Friday 25th Sep for an early flight on the Saturday morning to Mahon/Cala Galdana but cancelled again. Ended up in Haven holiday camp, Pagham, Bognor Regis for a week with my Daughter. Hope to visit next year around June with a bit of luck. C U then :) ......................dennis

ireay
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by ireay » June 30th, 2021, 5:25 pm

Still asking the same question. Will we be travelling this year? We’re booked for the first two weeks of October and the balance is due in 3-4 weeks Gut feeling is we’d be safer holidaying in menorca than the U.K.

RetiringEarly
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by RetiringEarly » July 1st, 2021, 8:45 am

I am flying out 6th July for 7 days. Fully vaccinated, I need to do some work on my apartment so apart from an initial essentials food shop and visit to Bank and car firm I will be keeping away from major populations. Looking forward to quiet walks along the footpaths and hot days by the looks of things.
With the latest spikes in infections - mainly caused by the younger ages - the risk of isolation on return if Menorca loses green status does not worry me as I only have flexible part-time work now.

ireay
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by ireay » July 1st, 2021, 4:55 pm

To be honest I wouldn’t consider travelling anywhere else at the moment. Being so familiar with the route,airports, where to pick up the car, the accommodation and so on. Plus being double vaccinated is what gives me the confidence to come.

ireay
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by ireay » July 25th, 2021, 1:24 pm

Quick update. Still very hopeful that we’ll be able to travel in October, jet2 have extended the time till balance is due by 4 weeks. Normally we would book flights and accommodation separately for our main holiday but I can’t fault jet2’s customer service. We had absolutely no issues getting a full refund last year, so decided a package was the better option this year