I'll be here

Accommodation & Restaurant info for the Santo Tomas resort.
trevx
Bandwidth BlackHole
Bandwidth BlackHole

Re: I'll be here

Post by trevx » August 24th, 2017, 6:07 pm

Well done Watta :finga: have a great time :finga:

Will get in touch if we can get out there too :smile: :prayer:

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » October 8th, 2017, 10:03 pm

Came back yesterday afternoon and left Mahon Airport with a strong wind.

Nothing much changed in ST, except the new hotel being built is now completed by way of the individual rooms without the fronts yet. It is owned by the Santo Tomas Hotel, and I understand it will be mainly used for the package holiday market next year. Personally , I think it is an eye sore and how it ever got approved beats me. The main Hotel will continue, as this now, to be used and also understand its Star rating is to be changed.
The Hamilton Court is still the same, but unfortunately due to the Monarch situ., there were a lot of very unhappy visitors including regulars and myself, who were required to pay again, as we all had used Monarch Travel to obtain the accommodation which was always at a much lower price than booking direct with the Hamilton. It ended up with a head to head with the Management, but we either paid or to leave. Most of us did pay, and we are covered under ATOL anyway. Not very satisfactory at all, and the CAA have been told accordingly, so I am waiting for them to call me back as the main spoke person.
Enough anyway, it was great relaxing holiday and the weather except for Sunday and Monday, was good. Whether I go back after being there for some 25/30 years, is another matter, but hopefully once we all get our dosh back, then the answer could be yes.
It was also good to see the regular staff again, and they did their upmost of keeping everybody happy, etc.
Not an explanatory report, but that's just me. :grin:

Alan
:cool:
:finga: :arms: :dream: :dream: :dream:
:smile: :smile:

Sunseaker
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sunseaker » October 9th, 2017, 4:42 pm

As long as you had a nice relaxing holiday Alan. :grin:
I only let him think he's in charge.

SusieH

Post by SusieH » October 9th, 2017, 5:40 pm

Back already :shock: that was quick :lol:
I'll stop moaning, when you give me a pay rise this :arms: big

:nonono: SITE POLICE - REMEMBER i'm watching you :nonono:

Lizc
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Lizc » October 17th, 2017, 9:47 pm

Shame about the cash conflict Alan but glad you had a good holiday :smile:

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » October 17th, 2017, 10:47 pm

Thanks Liz, but the continuing saga is now, that the people who booked accommodation separately with Monarch Travel are NOT ATOL protected at all. :evil: :evil: It stinks, and I have now taken legal advise from my lawyer. One possible outcome, could be with the Banks , on the people who booked using Debit Cards for payment. This could be a RE -CHARGE, but I am also taking advice on this too.
If the S%&t hits the fan with the owners of the Hamilton Court, then too bad, as I am personally not be re-booking with them until this shambles gets sorted.
Sorry to go on about this, but it is the principle of things. :roll:

Alan

Lizc
6 Star Supporter
6 Star  Supporter

Post by Lizc » October 18th, 2017, 9:08 am

That’s awful Alan, something like this can taint your holiday. I’m sure you’ll get it sorted but it’s the stress and inconvenience you have to go through to get there :evil:

petert
5 Star Supporter
5 Star Supporter

Post by petert » October 18th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Oh Alan - what an experience. This was the first time in 5 years that we had not booked Santo Tomas for the first Monday in October.
As you are well aware, Mossa who manage Hamilton Court also manage Vistamar Apartments. The holidaymakers there would all be on a Monarch flight and holiday, so will be ATOL protected. They used to come with Cosmos until Monarch rebranded.
The Vistamar tourists were also the subject of pay now or you will be evicted. Apparently some were unable to pay and left !
You know my feelings towards Mossa. You can now join my club !
Because of the laws of libel I am sending you a personal email
We are booked in for the first two weeks of July - but not at Vistamar !

watta
Support Team
Support Team

Post by watta » October 18th, 2017, 9:33 pm

Thanks Peter, and will get back to you tomorrow via email.

Alan